Tell your parents: Trump is lying to them about Medicare

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/31/prior-authorization.html

5 Likes

Tell your parents: Trump is lying to them about Medicare everything.

FTFY

25 Likes

I’m pretty sure my parents would react like I just told a drowning person they looked like they were wet.

12 Likes

Same here.

My mom ain’t no fool; and she didn’t raise any, either

12 Likes

The Trump Administration…lying?!

11 Likes

All right, this is what I do for a living.

First of all, Medicare Advantage isn’t for everybody - obviously. But it’s a terrific deal for my lower-income clients. Some plans have zero premium, with prescription coverage, which basic Medicare does not offer, and sometimes extras like dental and vision. In my opinion, the most important feature is the maximum out-of-pocket: with original Medicare, there isn’t one. The sky’s the limit.

On the other hand, that business about prior authorization being a “right?” Yea, that’s nonsense. Who wrote that? Not Trump himself, obviously, but I find it shocking to find such an obvious error in a government document. And it wasn’t there last year. Boo.

5 Likes

I’m still of the opinion that it should be a requirement that every person in government responsible for our public health options should be required to go on those same public health options. Period.

13 Likes

“After reviewing the draft, three groups said it contained false statements that appear designed to convince people that private Medicare Advantage plans are superior.”

paul-ryan-mitch-mcconnell

5 Likes

Tell my parents?
That’ll be hard. They’re both dead.

2 Likes

Advantage plans have the benefit that they have cheaper premiums. Just don’t go to the hospital, especially one that is out of plan.

Mine, too. But I’m getting close to the age where I need this info. And @Doctorow is closer to it than he might think. Time flies when you’re startin’ to geeze! :wink:

1 Like

… and the Secretary for Education’s kids must attend a mid-ranking or worse public school.

etc.

Basically; if you legislate dogshit, you have to eat that dogshit.

6 Likes

Right. Maybe then we would actually see some changes for the better. Hah.

You want changes for the better? Then grab your pitchforks and torches.

1 Like

If one is of advanced age and doesn’t yet understand that Donald nearly always lies, said old is suffering from some sort of mental disability, possibly but not necessarily dementia. Get them help!

This is relevant:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/04/12/life-a12.html

We’re talking averages rather than absolutes here, but nevertheless: age culls the poor, and wealth shapes ideology.

3 Likes

Ageism, anyone? Not all of Boing Boing’s readers are twentysomethings.

Thank you for the heads up, though. I will need this next year.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.