Ten-year-old boy given probation for urinating behind his mom's car in a parking lot

Originally published at: Ten-year-old boy given probation for urinating behind his mom's car in a parking lot | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Good to see justice served. Well done, Senatobia PD and DA.

/s

12 Likes

That the cop took him in is not surprising because ACAB. That the judge did anything but throw this out is somewhat more surprisingly shitty. Do we need a AJAB to go with that ACAB?

12 Likes

One does not need to think very hard about why the judge didn’t toss the case out - the kid is not white.

14 Likes

I saw a post replying to a story about how NYC cops were quitting, having troubles hiring etc.

And they commented something like “In the last 15 years here I have never seen a cop help someone. Not give directions, help an old lady carry something, nothing.”

I am sure there are some cops who do help out, but too many of them are just looking for nails to pound down.

13 Likes

Sadly, I would not be surprised if that kid ends up with a lifetime of pee-shyness, always having trouble going number one.

4 Likes

There are. At least in largely white middles class areas. When I lived in Lees Summit, MO, I was a passenger in a car once and the driver, the woman I’m a caregiver for, took a left turn just a liiiiitle too wide and hit the curb, popping the right front tire like a balloon. There was no shoulder on that street, and the next turn in to a parking lot was far enough away that we would have damaged the rim if we’d driven on it, so we just stopped, put on the emergency blinkers, and got out of the car and onto the sidewalk when it was safe. We called a tow truck, but within like a minute or two, a Lees Summit cop car pulled over to see what was going on. We explained it to them, and they put their car behind ours, and then waited on the sidewalk with us. Now, I have no doubt that if we hadn’t been an elderly white woman and a middle-aged white woman driving a nice car, things might have gone differently, so I’m well aware privilege was at work there.

Regardless, ACAB. There are individuals who aren’t horrible people, but ACAB because it’s the system that makes them that way, even if they have good intentions. I went to law school with two NYPD cops. They are both good people and I like them personally. And still, ACAB.

12 Likes

Oh my. I have no idea how many times I’ve peed in a “public space”. :flushed:

2 Likes

Here in Queensland it is still legal to urinate behind the rear wheel of your carriage.

3 Likes

I feel so much safer now.

3 Likes

Spot On Doctor Who GIF by BBC America

4 Likes

Or they join up because they want to have a license to bust heads and consider that kind of job a dream come true.

2 Likes

me to, inconspicuousIy of course , I think the same for anybody I’m sure even the late Queen had her share quick little inconspicuous reliefs. perhaps the date of his arrest could be declared international inconspicuous relief day.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was out on a run one day and had emerged from a county trail through the woods, back onto a sidewalk in a residential area. From there I had a view along a wide avenue and far ahead of me, along the curb on my side of the street, I could see a single vehicle pulled over with a cop car in front of it. At that point I was almost a kilometer away, but I could easily see that there was only one cop car.

I wasn’t even down to 500 meters away before I could determine that there were three or four people near the civilian vehicle, which had it’s hood open, but still only a single cop. It was at that point that even without being able to see the other people clearly, I could make a reasonable determination of the skin tone of everyone on the scene that wasn’t a cop. Once I was a little closer and could verify that the officer in question did not have their gun drawn, I knew I was correct.

All I could think was “I should not be able to know the skin tone of the people involved based on the number of cop cars hanging out at the scene of a simple vehicle breakdown.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.