Tennessee Republicans end vaccine outreach to teens

All evidence to the contrary, though, right?

1 Like

Incorrect. The polio and smallpox vaccines were not politicized like the COVID-19 vaxxes.

6 Likes

That Startrek clip is the perfect comment. “Without you children he’s nothing!” And, “Look at him! See how ugly he is! Don’t be afraid!”
Amazingly, this was the first episode I ever saw…we weren’t allowed to watch at home & I had to wait 'til we visited cousins & the adults were out. It made me a fan for life.

1 Like

So far beyond appalling as to beggar words.

Ignorance so deep it passes understanding or evil so vile as to transcend belief.

They even ignore their own godman’s commands to never harm children or face extra extra special hellfire.

I was reminded of an episode of Brooklyn 99, where to seem impressive a character started pretending he actually read The New Yorker, and then that he knew better than it, and, well…

I don’t know if there is a benefit to them in having people die from lack of vaccines. Maybe they just think there’s a benefit in never backing down from anything no matter how awful or stupid. How many people would they lose if they flipped on this? Probably not many…but is it really worth that chance just to save a few thousand lives?

4 Likes

The shit is rolling downhill in Tenn:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks the green dude in the TOS video looks like Ted Cruz?

To a republican? There’s no number too small to sacrifice for the sake of the party.

1 Like

Well, we could put them in charge of the Crisis Vaccination Centers, who can tell you about all the wonderful options besides vaccination. To be followed in short order by a Covid personhood bill, and a Covid heartbeat bill.

Tomorrow Never Dies was apparently a manual for the likes of Murdoch. Kind of surprised he didn’t sue for libel, but that would have been to admit it. /s

4 Likes

“The Ur-Fascist hero is impatient to die. In his impatience, he more frequently sends other people to death.” – Umberto Eco

7 Likes

I applaud the intention of the message but that “child” is clearly a medical dummy

There are lots of medical dummies in this story.

5 Likes

I’m not sure about the polio vaccine

A vaccination against polio existed but although strenuous exercise helped spread the disease around the host’s body, making attacks significantly more serious, no club had thought to inoculate their team. This reflected a wider reticence: Jonas Salk’s vaccine, administered in a series of normally three injections, had been introduced to the UK in 1956, initially being offered only to children, but the take-up had been slow. An early scare in America, where the vaccine had been rushed to market so hastily in some cases it still contained enough live virus to cause polio, had not helped build enthusiasm. By 1958 only 53% of children in England and Wales who were eligible for inoculation had received the vaccine. In the middle of that year the vaccine was for the first time offered to those aged between 18 and 26; in the first three months of eligibility, of the 6,250,000 British adults suddenly able to get vaccinated, only 13,324 had received two injections, and 26,947 had received one.

It took the death of an England footballer to get people to see sense.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.