Terminator: Dark Fate trailer

That’s perfect, I love those additions. I’ll get started on the script right away.

Anyone know any Hollywood producers? Or have Linda Hamilton’agent’s phone number? No? Damn it. . .

4 Likes

Yep. Franchises have always been a thing. The Thin Man films and Universal’s monster films in the 30s. Sidney Toler’s Charlie Chan in the 40s. Hammer’s endless Dracula movies in the 60s.

7 Likes

notice I didn’t put James Bond, Star Wars, Star Trek on there? There are long running franchises that keep telling stories in the same universe. Great example with Bond…its a different actor but always the same character. I can hand wave that sort of long running franchise building.

What they’ve done with Terminator, Spiderman, Batman, most horror franchises…that’s the sort of unoriginal BS that is annoying. In fact, what Marvel did with Spiderman Homecoming is exactly how to break that cycle. An original story/take when its actually another reboot.

Only if the Anrie Bot keeps breaking down and they can’t find the parts anymore. I’m sure they’re not supporting his software anymore either.

6 Likes

He’s gonna pause every 15 minutes or so anyway for downloading updates.

4 Likes

If anyone wants to watch the trailer to catch Arnold saying “I’ll be back,” it’s not there.
Enjoy your day!

1 Like

Woohoo! Grandma Kickass!

2 Likes

Not sure about this film, but I sure like the creepy Bjork cover.

6 Likes

Like… a female version of “Red”?

1 Like

I feel like I’ve seen this one already.

1 Like

Erg. The liquid metal terminator again.

Have they tried vinegar?

shopping

3 Likes

More than 2 minutes and NO ONE said “Come with me if you want to live”?

I’m worried already.

3 Likes

com-add-text

6 Likes

I never really had any desire to watch the series past T2: Judgement Day. Good to know my instincts were right on the money there.

7 Likes

IMHO Back to the Future had exactly the right number of sequels (two, making for a trilogy that kept up a brisk enough pace to avoid wearing out its welcome) and reboots (zero, because please don’t).

8 Likes

when the first movie hit? I thought Linda Hamilton was the most beautiful actress I’d ever seen.

nothing has changed.

She looks awesome

5 Likes

Stop watching before this happens and never watch the rest.
t2-thumb-up

1 Like

I was going to write that T2 worked because it tapped into a zeitgeist of the time, the Relatable Kid with A Single Mom Encounters a Powerful Otherwordly Being and Tags Along on an Adventure Of Outsized Peoportions that struck such a chord in the late 80s early 90s (E.T, etc…) and combined family drama with action surprisingly sensitively (you know, relatively speaking)

Right jow a feeling of obselescence, for technology as well as humans would be a great hook. The T1000/T2000 conflict was a precursor, but in the right hands, cpuld be pretty affecting.

1 Like

Still wearing the wrong glasses.

1 Like

Is that basically what Steve Mnuchin does?