Terrible pickup lines from around the world

…sad puppies?

6 Likes

Found it!

4 Likes

Do we still need a Kickstarter?
Rob, have you stopped kicking puppies yet?

4 Likes

I’m not sure I’d tell him to stop that.

2 Likes

Me: You know how I know that you’re younger than 100?

Target of me charms: <blank stare>

Me: Cause that look is so copy RIGHT.

New Bae: ~swoons~

5 Likes

I have striking eyes as well, so it’s something I hear a lot, and … I don’t know if I could articulate the difference between the “pathetic” version and the “genuine compliment” version, but there is a difference. It probably has to do with context. For example, I’ve had it dropped out of nowhere on me in the middle of a conversation about something else. That’s … don’t do that, guys.

The last time I can remember was one of those instances. In a class, as I was telling one of my lab partners that he wasn’t doing measurements right. I’m saying “No, wait, you have to do this first and then that.” and he comes back with “Wow, your eyes are so intense!” That’s pretty obviously not a genuine compliment, that’s some kind of derailment tactic (especially since I am 100% certain the guy had no actual romantic interest in me).

Anyway I haven’t had my tea yet so that’s too many words to say that context matters, kind of a lot.

5 Likes

And there’s the importance of context. I was once having a conversation with a woman I knew wasn’t interested in anyone of my gender, let alone me, and asked her if she’d like to go get a cup of coffee.

I then had to explain that contrary to Seinfeld sometimes “coffee” really does mean “coffee”.

3 Likes

Found this set of NDGT imgs and they absolutely belong here. So, before this thread closes…

(Now I can finally close that damn tab…)

9 Likes

These are so funny!!! Love them.

The Indian dude in the video seemed so pleased with his line. It was sort of cute.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.