Terrified chimp on the loose in Japan for two hours

FFS, let it have a vacation for a few days. Organisms have lives of their own, besides existing to entertain people.

I couldn’t agree more. I am all for protecting and creating wilderness and protecting the habitat of wild animals but an urban environment is just not safe for that chimpanzee. It thinks the power lines are like trees but eventually it will touch something hot and kill itself.

2 Likes

Look again, especially in fullscreen. The blue thing is a blanket that they were inneffectually holding up from only one side, so it did nothing to break his fall.

They probably were shut off at that point. I’m not sure if anyone would have been able to turn them off before the chimp got up there. I was mainly making the observation because we don’t have insulated lines like that here.

Your right. Looks like they didn’t have the main net well positioned, and the chimp missed it. Not the best catch with the blue blanket either. It looks like there’s some foam and other stuff around too.

Sorry to get in the way of your Internet outrage. You should probably find someone important to write with your concerns.

1 Like

Oh I realize that they’re different, I just kind of wanted to humorously point out that some Japanese are already used to random non-human primates roaming around.

Though to be honest I’ve been many times to Sendai (where the Yagiyama Zoo is located) and I’ve never seen any monkeys wandering around. And in fact I never saw any in Miyagi the whole time I lived there. So I guess I failed with this joke all-around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.