Terrorise other beachgoers with the Beach Behemoth, a 12-foot beach ball

In high school gym, we would accasionally be divided into 2 teams (10-20 kids each), and they would bring out the “animal ball”. It was about 6 feet high, made of canvas-covered rubber, and it was NOT light. We would play animal ball on the basketball court, and the object was for each team to try to touch the ball to the oppsition’s basketball rim.

There were no rules.

The ball did bounce a little, but it required teamwork to get it off the ground towards a target. Mostly it was meant to wear out the players, who swarmed around the ball, punching and kicking at it.

And even though there were always injuries, we would get pretty excited when the gym teacher told us we were going to play animal ball. He, of course, would sit in the bleachers, smoking a cigarette until the bell rang.

How we survived the 70s will always remain a mystery.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Whimsical deaths are the funniest deaths…unless they’re your children. Given how many kids are killed by bouncy houses and Zorbs from parents underestimating wind loads, I expect this toy to rack up some casualties as well.

I don’t even need to play it, it’s already been in my head for the past few hours.

1 Like

Knocks people over and destroys everything in its path.

How many here want to kick in and send a bunch of these – inflated – to the WH?

#nottheheroyoudeserve

Wayne Coyne has been field testing prototypes for a while.

3 Likes

tumblr_ov1krskgDG1rnux1so1_500

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.