Terrorism in New Zealand

I advocate for not using their names in new reports.

7 Likes

Really? It seems more based on Nazi pastoral myths than real environmentalism.

Do Nazi vegan pagans still chug milk to prove their purity?

3 Likes

I’m not saying that they are, but that they see themselves in that way.

I’m not sure what that has to do with what I said. You can read the article, if you’d like to know more.

9 Likes

This.

Let’s also not forget that others are apparently involved in this catastrophe. Are we supposed to think they’re “deranged individuals” too? Hell No to that noise.

25 Likes

The ideological ecofascists (as opposed to the pejorative applied by right-wingers to environmental activists) are basically one step removed from the kind of environmental extremist who believes the best thing for the environment would be the extreme reduction or extinction of humanity. The fascist version is just more specific about which classes of humanity should be eliminated.

But yes, they do drop in all sorts of mythological woo to make their genocidal thoughts seem noble and virtuous. The milk-drinking nonsense places a sheen of pseudo-scientific genetic determinism as to Darwinian fitness on the whole programme.

9 Likes

I’m kinda torn. What really changed public opinion and lead to the U.S. leaving Vietnam was when they stopped suppressing the footage of soldiers doing evil and terrible things. When the public saw those images they could no longer pretend that what was happening wasn’t as bad as the liberals of the day had been claiming. The horror was real and needed to be addressed.

5 Likes

Nonsense indeed.

“We’re genetically superior to others because we can digest the infant food of another animal!” (Never mind what an adapted trait lactose tolerance is.)

8 Likes

There’s no such thing as a “lone wolf”. There’s always a pack.

16 Likes

I did read the article. I was just shaking my head over such people wallowing in such a crap-stew of hateful deliberate ignorance.

Sorry, this is just one more turd of a great many piled on my day, so clarity is an effort.

4 Likes

Ok maybe you missed my point (Apologies to Akimbo_NOT for the earlier insult). The ONLY valid point he makes is that the terror event will be remembered regardless of his politics (can you name the 9/11 bombers - his anecdote, not mine). So he specifically chose parameters to inflame specific tensions.

Since his stated aims have NOTHING to do with his perceived aims - that in and of itself is an important point. If you miss it, you will construct a false narrative - a narrative the gunman aimed to construct.

Essentially - he is using Islam, New Zealand, Immigration and Terror to promote an agenda that is not at its core about these things - his words not mine. If you are unaware of that, that is what his stated aim was. He clearly stated his aims were European white infant birth rates and the U.S. 2nd amendment (serious) and the way he would promote that was via turmoil by targeting Muslims in a peaceful nation (like a dialectic).

I didn’t for a second say he was worthy of accolade (!!!). But I understand the motivation of the Armenian genocide, the Khmer Rouge, the Brown Shirts, all without supporting them! I’m telling you his stated aim was to inflame very specific tensions. Reading the manifesto makes it clear he had very ulterior motives (and really genuinely bizarre racists motivations that don’t for a second warrant the lose of life).

This was a messed up racist, murderous whacked out kid with aims at correcting his european vacation experiences and changing american gun law (P.S. he’s also a crazy racist) - but he wants everyone to fight over the Islam and gun violence - it’s worthwhile to know that a lot of what is being reported currently is what were his stated aims in his manifesto. So in effect as someone who read about 40% (the Q&A section - serious it’s whackadoodle), I might argue I’ve imbibed less of what the gunman was attempting to narrate than most watching the news (not to be insensitive).

The piece you’re missing here is that, especially with a lot of manifestos, expressed intent and actual intent is blurry. You realize you cannot take someone like this at their word? To them this is a kind of game to played with words. Fascists do it all the time. Do you actually believe Richard Spencer is an “Identitarian” who simply believes in a future for the white race?

You can’t read these things simply and go, “Oh shit, we’re giving him what he wanted” because maybe it was a double bluff–maybe that’s what he wants you to think. Anyone smart enough to bluff once is smart enough to bluff more than once. I for one, don’t care what he wants. I know what I want and I know what reasonable people might want. What this asshole wants or desires doesn’t factor into my analysis, because their moral compass is fucked over: If it doesn’t point north, then it doesn’t point south in the other direction either. You need to ignore the compass altogether.

23 Likes

Hell no.

Separately, ablism and insults won’t fly here. I advise you avoid them.

13 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

That fucking cunt senator. How’d he get elected? I know, I know, racist arseholes.

That rally’s not far from my place. If I’m able to get there, I’m going to protest. He and that Blair fucker and racist gunmen shooting up innocents at mosques must not prevail.

6 Likes

Mod note: please refer to our community guidelines, especially around making assumptions of mental state, unless reported otherwise.

Thank you.

15 Likes

Just because @anon51830367 said “we don’t have guns” [in NZ] in a post now gone.

(The mean is 0.25 guns per person.)

10 Likes

Read only if you are ready. White Supremacist, neoNazi, American alt.right inspired and radicalized asswipe. Yes, we are now radicalizing extremists throughout the world! No, “lone wolf” does not describe this jerk, who shall remain nameless in my mind at least. He is connected to and inspired by the international white nationalist movement which gets to add another murderer to it’s hall of shame. And if they are “offended” at this, fuck them.

10 Likes

Amen. And might I also respectfully add that this isn’t a thread about gun control either (including how many guns there were, the finer details of them and the bullets, etc.)

12 Likes

My issue with what you are doing here is this…you are quoting his words. you are encouraging people to read his message.

That in itself is acting like a disciple of him…willingly or not.

Please stop doing this.

10 Likes