Tesla layoffs now an ongoing "bloodbath"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/06/fourth-week-of-tesla-layoffs-an-ongoing-bloodbath.html

11 Likes

The Fifth Element Zorg Fires 1 million on Make a GIF

34 Likes

One of Elmo’s toys that he’s breaking in a tantrum

41 Likes

From three days ago:

:thinking:

32 Likes

or maybe just time to service some big loans:

… To fund a $44 billion purchase of Twitter last year, Musk sought various sources of loans, including $13 billion from seven banks: Bank of America, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Mizuho, Morgan Stanley, and Société Générale. …

22 Likes

… an avant-garde theater company

33 Likes

Tesla is in trouble and Elon Musk needs to do something. I’m not sure he needs to do something useful, just something that investors can imagine could be. Maybe he has an angle here but maybe this is all his incredibly stunted creativity can come up with. :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

When Tesla stock finally tanks, how fucked will Musk be? Will the banks foreclose on Twitter and take ownership, to auction it off to recoup the money he owns? Or will they take his property he used to secure the loan?

If someone else takes over, can I work on the marking team. “The bird is back!” writes itself, but someone needs to make those marketing dollars, and it may as well be me.

19 Likes

I think the property was shares. The further this falls, the higher the chance of the banks making a margin call and just taking the stock.

17 Likes

It’s a scam of greenwashing by selling carbon credits.

24 Likes

That’s closer to pantomime…

10 Likes

mime GIF

27 Likes

Musk ultimately will be fine, he’ll lose some money but it’ll hardly impact his ability to live as a wealthy person.

13 Likes

both the music and the due in a suit remind me of a basement in berlin that elon would have been stopped at the door to

2 Likes

What the actual fuck was that?

3 Likes

31 Likes

True, he won’t end up in the poor house. He might end up not being on my screen talking about shit because 1) Tesla is done, 2) he had to sell Twitter, and 3) Space X doesn’t want him directly involved any more (if they are even still around, because their plan for supplying rockets to get to the moon is fucking stupid as shit and won’t work. At some point the gov. is going to have to cut their losses).

He will probably side step to some other grift or technology company, but he wouldn’t be the first person to lose his “huge fortune on paper”.

8 Likes

Search engine optimization, possibly.
Before this “robot” demo, when you searched for “Tesla bots” you’d find stories about allegations that Tesla paid shills to hype their products.
After the demo, when you searched for “Tesla bots” you’d find stories about Tesla venturing into robotics and links to the demo.
Convenient.

13 Likes

Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg will have better fashion sense than Elmo.

10 Likes

It’s a meme stonk balloon predicated on hyped up self-driving nirvana gibble gabble. Yes, they make a lot of electric cars. Are they worth what the stock price is trading at? Only in crypto lala land. The ONLY reason crypto and tesla ‘work’ at their current valuations is because there is too damn much capital chasing too little return and not enough places to hide it. Tax these f!ckers.

All that robotaxi blather is great until someone defecates and barfs all over the interior, oopsies forgot they had to pee as well. Or sets it on fire (lookin at you SF)

13 Likes