Tesla stock sinks another 11% as Elon hypes Russian Prime Minister tweet "predicting" U.S. civil war

I don’t know how much of an impact will have but in the UK electric cars were exempt from road tax… until now

4 Likes

Tesla also had a massive arrogant disruptor problem… probably most visible in their long haul cargo trucks, where rather than take notes from the people who literally live in that environment they decided to reinvent everything esp w lots of screens. Unlike a consumer vehicle, what we have there already is probably pretty finely honed for performance.

I’ve seen the Tesla BESS people do the same with fire detection.

7 Likes

But did I miss any mention of his tweet about US civil war in the blog article (because there was none) despite the headline?

3 Likes

Glass Onion was great and Elon was the first person I thought of after that line of dialogue.

8 Likes

Could be worse, they could be Gary Gilmore’s Eyes…

2 Likes

Not sure I’d consider Tim Cook to be a Supervillain; judging by his expression, he’s clearly asking himself just why he accepted the invitation in the first place, and how he can get the fuck out of the room without anyone noticing.

5 Likes

Every country which pushes electric cars does it partly through tax breaks, free or discount parking, and so on.

Sadly, when every car is electric we will still have to pay for roads and car parks, so the withdrawal of the special privileges is inevitable.

I love my Renault Zoe.

I never believed the hype around Tesla. I always thought the big car groups like Toyota and Volkswagen would eventually tool up and crush them.

4 Likes

Checks to see if Tim Cook is a billionaire…

Yep he’s a super villain!

9 Likes

By that definition, Trump ist not.
Needs some fine tuning.

10 Likes

Well, being a billionaire is just one way to get in, by hoarding wealth that should be shared fairly to everyone contributing to your success (sorry Tim, you’re just not that special)

Trump manages to tick all of the other requirements though

7 Likes

I think this is a good summary.

I think most people liked some of the companies he was associated with like Tesla and Space X. But it seems like the #1 thing these companies needed from Elon was his money. And #2 was some good PR, but now they are getting the opposite from him.

The whole Hyperloop thing soured me to him knowing what his is doing. Twitter is the grandest of ass showing.

7 Likes

What about Betty Davis’ eyes?

3 Likes

He knows EXACTLY what he’s doing with Hyperloop. IIRC, he’s admitted as much. The goal was to stop expansion of public transportation.

13 Likes
3 Likes

Bette Davis.
Still, not half as concerning as Bette Davis’ knees might be.

4 Likes

That video of musky “testing” his cave dive rescue tube in a pool in California… I’m pretty sure experienced professional rescue cave divers could have come up with “tube” if that really was the best answer. But no, let’s waste time and resources shipping a tube across the planet to the scene of the rescue and then start calling people pedophiles when Musky got in the way of the professionals.

7 Likes

Agree, but I feel like it is more micro and personal… an inferiority complex. The non 1% deplorables have been told they live in fly over states, been called under educated rednecks, their religious beliefs are bigoted, and their casual racism and sexism is no longer tolerated.

Then something like Q comes along that gives them a voice of authority against their perceived attackers. The great thing about believing in conspiracy is that it can’t actually be proven wrong if you scream loudly enough about it. (Like bigfoot, or god, or democratic blood drinkers).

I believe the disenfranchised need to be listened to and respected, if they have a seat at the table they will be less likely to jump the shark and go all in conspiracy.

Um, no, they haven’t “been told” that.

They’ve instead been told constantly by the right that that’s how “elitist liberals” perceive them. Big difference, that.

29 Likes

Yeah - he’s just a fucking villain. Nothing super about him at all - even his villainy is hyped.

13 Likes

That’s a great point, the right weaponizes it for sure. But it doesn’t take much digging to find the left’s perception of the rural demographic. Country hick and southern accents are comedic regulars… Did Everyone have a good laugh at dumb Cousin Eddie over the Christmas holiday? It’s partially why rural America has such a problem with Hollywood, that is how they mostly portray the south.

We want their statues removed so they want our books removed.
Remove your flags.
Remove your giant dumb confederate rock.

The entire north vs south is still alive and relevant. The folks that weaponize it, are they causing it or are they simply pouring gasoline on an already lit fire?