Testicle bath wins Germany's James Dyson Award

Hard balled eggs for breakfast anyone?

2 Likes

All the attention came from it winning a design award, and most of the copy is about their design process, confusingly scientific-esque language about their process of polling and getting feedback on various visual and ergonomic designs. Very little about the actual science until that disclaimer. Honestly the thing looks like base of a Dyson “bladeless” fan, which almost makes me wonder if the whole design was aimed at winning this specific award.

4 Likes

Cleans your jewelry and your family jewelry.

8 Likes

Or Ovary’s

Edit to say… that doesn’t work physically in hindsight. I was suggesting more metaphorically.

edit to say… metaphorically doesn’t work either. Full stop.

I think someone was browsing the Fischer catalog and found a word that doesn’t mean what they think it means…

2 Likes

Typical tech bro approach of taking a cheap technology and adding expensive design.
DIY approach is with a open mouthed thermos and thermometer

2 Likes

You’re obviously not a golfer

1 Like

What kind of research do you call this? Why is there no recipe?
It seems reminiscent of Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Angry Parks And Recreation GIF

9 Likes

Wait. You mean other people don’t do this on a Friday night?!

1 Like

3 Likes

Wonder how they got the test animal to sit still enough (or was that test-ticle animal?). Hope they didn’t try it on a gorilla.

It may well have been a design competition but the idea of design is to design something functional and useful. This fails on at least one of those fronts and the jury is out on the other. If you can’t get a man to take five seconds to put a condom on how the fuck** are you going to get him to get out an appliance, fill it with water, heat it up, sit over it with his balls dipped in there for several minutes and then…

Nah, the moment is totally ruined at this point.

** Hint - you’re not.

I’ve heard of people doing with soaking in hot baths. And if you do it right… it works. But, uh, I dunno if I’d want to gamble with that or not.

Stay safe, out there.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean I could see doing this if one is in a committed couple and as a couple you’ve decided an accident would be a happy one. I wouldn’t stake everything on it though if one really wanted to be sure.

Plus, coffee!!!

The only guys interested in this product don’t need it.

I feel for the visualization team/ person having to produce the video promo. My soul would die a little as I used a bezier curve tool to draw a ball sack… even more so as I negotiated the motion ease in to the warm water cup.

Take care ‘motion designers’ and safe travels.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.