Texas authorities admit Uvalde shooter wasn't "barricaded"

Originally published at: Texas authorities admit Uvalde shooter wasn't "barricaded" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

I was going to post some sort of rage gif. But I’m just too angry. That is pathetic.

32 Likes

If only they had more guns…

31 Likes

So kids in the room were apparently calling 911 while cops were waiting outside? WTAF

43 Likes

At some point we’re going to find out they never tried to turn the door handle? Right?

24 Likes

77 Likes

I’ve read that the local cops also tried to keep the Border Patrol agents from entering.

12 Likes

They should have just bombed the entire school. Phoosh. End of problem. A little collateral damage, sure, but at least our men in blue are safe.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading reports that the “police” in Uvalde use up 40% of the little town’s budget so they can play dress up.

35 Likes

Angry Ufc GIF

30 Likes

In addition to the deaths, this sort of lifelong trauma is what they are responsible for.

If someone can read that and still think “Don’t make it about politics” then they are a Monster too.

57 Likes

As if our collective hearts weren’t broken enough. Another survivor hid under “some stuff” in his words after the shooter said “time to die” to the boy.

31 Likes

These fuckwad GQPers know it’s solely about politics, their politics, which is stonewalling any meaningful gun control legislation.

They are moral cowards of the first order.

27 Likes

17 Likes

What’s that I hear? Defund the police you say!? Why I never! /s

16 Likes

Staggering, staggering levels of incompetence, even if you don’t expect anything of the cops.

Also, this seems relevant:

Also also, this denial is disturbing given that no one seems to have been asking the question in the first place:

It suggest to me that the cops did accidentally shoot some kids - or perhaps believed they did - and that might have informed how they behaved during the rest of the attack. I.e. that maybe they were worried about how they’d look if they killed any more, so they let the shooter massacre them all instead. I mean, I absolutely wouldn’t put it past them.

They’re still at it.

Yep. And not just that, but even uglier shit. After the attack, there was immediately right-wing propaganda going out: the shooter was an undocumented immigrant, the shooter was trans, all sorts of shit. Even Republican members of congress were repeating it, after it was debunked.

47 Likes

kill more witnesses.

When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.

26 Likes

I remember hearing an interview with a girl who had survived genocide in Rwanda the same way.

This is now the state of childhood in the US. And we just don’t care enough to stop it.

39 Likes

as expected Republican members of congress were repeating it, after it was debunked.

24 Likes

I’m convinced those Republicans that were repeating those lies knew they were lies from the start. “If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” (Attributed to W.C. Fields, and far too applicable today.)

21 Likes