Texas cop fed shit to homeless person

I didn;t’ accuse you. You just hadn’t been that clear.

fwiw that way of thinking does exist outside of rhetoric, and pops up here more often than is comfortable for me.

I did not mean to read into what you said and hold you responsible for what I was reading, and I don’t think I did that. I was trying to illuminate that the terms you used as less than clear.

I’ll cop to my own sense of outrage driving my questions, but really, I hope I didn’t call your character into question as I called the meaning of your words into question.

Thanks for saying. I too think its utterly unfathomable that someone could do this, but my own experience of having been poisoned by someone, and my own first hand observations of abusive law enforcement and their enablers keeps me on the lookout for it. My upbrining a an active humanist leads me to say something when I see something. (usually by asking when I see something I don’t understand)

But really, thanks for clarifying. Thank You.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking lately about the laws that double penalties for offenses against law enforcement. I’m thinking we should quadruple the penalties for cops who violate the law, but as mentioned, without enforcement, ie, charges, convictions, sentencing, it’s all moot. Cops need to be held to a higher standard as the enforcers of the law.

2 Likes

I think we’re okay here, although we still may be talking past each other a little. I’m not going to try to clean up the loose ends, though, because I think I may actually be getting sick. I really did have to walk away because I was queasy and couldn’t follow the details of the thread, but I’m starting to think that it wasn’t entirely the thread messing with me.

3 Likes

My apologies if my coming on strong was too much for you. What a gross thing to even feel the need to have to talk about, right?. I hope you feel better, and know that I held out hope that I misunderstood (and you came through!)

2 Likes

Judging by my reaction to the new Comey letter, I think it’s partly this election getting to me. Which reminds me why I shouldn’t be shocked when people don’t assume any kind of humanity in my views. My notions of what’s to be taken for granted as simple decency have been turned on end.

3 Likes

Amen I hear that.

3 Likes

Agreed. An easily-abused smear of bureaucracy, at that. Blacklists are illegal because they are often used against the whistleblower instead of the whistleblow-ee.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.