Texas cops rough up and handcuff U.S. Representative Ronny Jackson at rodeo

Originally published at: Texas cops rough up and handcuff U.S. Representative Ronny Jackson at rodeo | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I never thought the leopard would eat my face!

53 Likes

I never thought I’d feel any sympathy for Ronny Jackson.

I suspect it won’t last long.

19 Likes

to be fair, they only snacked a little. really, the system is working as people like him seem to hope:

eta: theoretically they released him based on who he was, rather than what he did

26 Likes

The guy who famously assured the nation that Trump was not senile because he passed the “Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV” test.

25 Likes

I have to admit, I am seriously confused here. Anytime I have been in a position to help in an emergency situation, the cops have been very appreciative. Of course, I am an old, white, male type individual, and enjoy the privileges thereof, just as Dr. Feelgood does. I have the feeling there is something being left out here. Why on Earth would the cops come in hot on a medical situation? Inquiring minds want to know!

29 Likes

Answered first word of the headline.

17 Likes

Jackson came under scrutiny when a report from the DOD inspector general accused him of drinking alcohol while in his role at the White House, as well as taking Ambien sleeping pills and making inappropriate comments about a colleague’s breast and buttocks while on a presidential trip to Manila, Philippines, in 2014.

Well, doesn’t he sound nice.

Sounds like a typical Republican male, really.

(What’s wrong tho with taking Ambien?)

13 Likes

I don’t. Fuck that guy.

AND fuck the cops too!

11 Likes

What a pre-Jan 6 take!

11 Likes

It’s the situation that matters, IMHO.

He was the presidential physician. Taking anything that puts him out for a few hours is bad, unless he had set things up so that calls would go to a subordinate first.

And also, what are the chances it was a valid prescription?

10 Likes

No sympathy for him at all. However, it’s weird that I’m not as angry at the cops as usual.

5 Likes

This is basically this meme IRL:

Fuck Ronny Jackson. Glad he helped someone having a medical emergency. Cops doing what cops do.

22 Likes

He was probably in blackface. That would explain the entire situation.

5 Likes

I feel so conflicted. Ronny is a total POS, and he deserves to be roughed up (and worse), but not for trying to lend medical assistance. But Texass cops sure do suck.

13 Likes

Because they received really, really shitty cop training? Some of the national cop training firms are totally neofacsist organizations. They encourage escalation and abuse of civilians.

7 Likes

Shouse said once they realized Jackson was a congressman and doctor, they uncuffed him and started apologizing.

All cops. ALL COPS! Even Rodeo Cops.

10 Likes

Wow, I am really conflicted here. On the one hand, Jackson is a flaming POS, and I’m glad to see misfortune befall him. On the other hand, he was actually doing something decent for a change. On the gripping hand, it’s fcuking cops doing what fcuking cops do. I’m not sure how to react!

5 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

12 Likes

No one recorded it? Seems unlikely

4 Likes