Texas gentleman explains why he led police on a 100 mile chase

If you live in the neighborhood, the cops probably already know you and you wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for the area.

“He didn’t look like he was from around here” is not a justifiable reason for police action.

11 Likes

Hahahahaha.

Oh wait, you were serious? Have you never watched COPS?

I have a friend I visit who I am fairly confident I am getting pulled over if the cops drive by me. Fortunately, they only come out when there is a shooting.

1 Like

But he had weed on him!!!

Wow, being white really DOES come with anti-bullet powers.

5 Likes

I’m thinking it was lucky he’s white.

1 Like

Me too but I know how to dogwhistle.:wink:

1 Like

Because…Texas?

Surprising? I’d say pretty fucking obvious.

1 Like

The return of the gentleman, how I’ve missed him.

3 Likes

Realize:Legalize, but no real driving, plz, much like the rest of our proscribed drugs. Thank you.

So why does he get to be interviewed at the scene? It did show him to be an idiot but given that he had just led police on a 100 mile chase I would not have thought that they would just let the reporters go and interview him.

1 Like

The horse goes in front of the cart. Even in Texas.

From the article I linked:

Will limited-pursuit polices cause more drivers to flee, knowing police
regulations restrict high-speed pursuits? An IACP study found no
evidence to support that. Also, interviews people who have fled from the
police, conducted by the National Institute of Justice, revealed that
the offenders returned to normal driving within about 90 seconds of the
chase’s being abandoned.

We’ve had the opposite experience here in Winnipeg. This case for example earlier this winter, a fatal crash long after the police abandoned the chase and lost sight of the vehicle.

Admittedly, in a world of stupid criminals, Winnipeg’s criminals are even more stupid and pathetic.

(This was summed up the day I moved from Toronto to Winnipeg. The Toronto murder: A body was found in the trunk of a car in the Toronto airport parkade - which let the police know that it was a mob hit and not to waste resources on it. The Winnipeg murder: Two homeless drunks pooled their life savings together so that one could go into the grocery store to buy vanilla extract, which has a high alcohol content. He came out with lemon extract. The other bum beat him to death.)

Can’t blame him.

That’s not “The opposite experience” that’s a single incident.

Giving an example does not somehow edit reality to limit it to the one instance.

True, in exactly the same way that providing a single example doesn’t illustrate any kind of trend, tendency, or experience that would contradict two national studies.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that some people will continue to dangerously flee from cops after they disengage from a high speed chase. In those cases, the full weight of responsibility now lies with the individuals who choose to continue drive dangerously and not with the cops who have realized that endangering themselves, the suspect, and the public is not worth the risk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.