Texas GOP's new platform: Biden isn't pres, ban trans healthcare, repeal Voting Rights Act

I feel like that needs to be a cartoon series…

14 Likes

They may have to switch to that foreign round ball football.

12 Likes

So real football, not American hand egg.

15 Likes

Certainly not rugby. They don’t wear padding!

12 Likes
28 Likes

Next, the Texas GOP will vote to repeal the law of gravity so they will finally be able to fly.

21 Likes

How else do you expect the rapture to happen? All of us degenerate gravity believers will stay behind while they all float away to Heaven.

16 Likes

Wellllll… technically, “we” will win them all. They just won’t mean much when Dallas beats Houston in the 3 team Texas league.

6 Likes

Gonna be a very boring season. And good luck attracting talent to play in the kiddie league.

10 Likes

Considering the Texas GOP platform of “we are going to take our ball and go home”, it seems appropriate.

6 Likes

Texas GQP: “Yes, and…?”

10 Likes

It’s heartening…but really, should medical care be based on what most people believe?

2 Likes

Nope.

3 Likes

mike yard no shit GIF by The Nightly Show

8 Likes

The craziest part is that the people who still cannot get this concept through their heads are largely the same people who insist school children recite the Pledge of Allegiance every day.

What exactly do these people think the word “indivisible” means??

16 Likes

Indivisible white community that gets rights, with an underclass to serve them, generally speaking.

15 Likes

Oh it definitely is, but I’m not so sure it’ll lose them ground any quicker - the past few years have shown how much of a grip they have on a pretty significant chunk of voters nationally.
Although it seems to me, part of that is idiots who just don’t like being told what to do and Republicans have been pretty successful in framing things like pronouns and basic respect/health precautions as liberals telling people what to do - or making trans and progressive folk out as perverts who’ll transition to perv in bathrooms.

There’s plenty of fodder here for Democrats to run a campaign framing Republicans as the creeps who want to tell you who to have sex with and how, what to do with your own body etc

Couple in bed, in bursts a prude with a clipboard dressed in stereotypical conservative fashion: “Just checking there isn’t any homosexual activity going on in here”
Couple: WTF? Get the hell out!
Conservative tries to climb into bed with the couple: “Are you married? What sexual positions do you use? I’m going to have to have a quick look at your junk…”
Couple beats him over the head with a ballot box or something and chases him out of the room.
THE REDS WANT TO GET INTO YOUR BED, TELL THEM TO GET THE HELL OUT. VOTE BLUE.

Open on kids playing sport. Girl scores, crowd goes wild, a group of men in suits rush the field and drag her off.
Parents yelling: Hey leave my daughter alone! What the hell is going on here?
Conservative official: Sorry folks, your daughter is too good at sports. So she can’t play until we test her testosterone levels. Also we’re going to have to take a little look at her junk.
Parents: Oh hell no, you can’t do that you fucking paedo.
OH, BUT THEY CAN IN [List of states that have passed or are trying to pass transgender bans in kids sport].
UNLESS YOU STOP THEM.
Crowd of parents pelt the men in suits with ballot boxes or something and drive them off.
VOTE BLUE.

If there are people who can’t be convinced to oppose this bullshit for the sake of others, the left needs to make it viscerally and emotionally clear that said bullshit is going to land on their heads too.

10 Likes

I am late to this discussion, and there are too many comments about the whole “let’s let them have Texas” bullshit for me to reference specifics comments, so I’m just going to add my perspective.

I was born and raised in Texas and lived the first 29 years of my life there. I am also a trans woman, although I didn’t transition until after I left Texas. I was living in Oklahoma when I transitioned, so…about the same, really. Then I moved to Kansas City, Missouri and lived there for 11 years. So…about 49 years of life spent in red states, and states that got more red the longer I lived there, actually. Anyway, in 2019, I moved to my first blue state: New Jersey! I was excited! YAY, a blue state! No more Republican bullshit! Then reality hit. I live near the Jersey Shore. This area is decidedly NOT blue. This is, without a doubt, the whitest, most Republican area I have ever lived in in my entire life. And most of New Jersey, in area, is like this. If it weren’t for North Jersey and the parts of the Philly metro in New Jersey, New Jersey would be a Republican stronghold. My point in all this is that no state is a red or blue monolith. The reddest of red states has progressives, and marginalized people in danger from Republican policy ideas. The bluest of blue states has hard core, right wing, Trump loving nutjobs just waiting to take over if given the slightest opportunity. Abandoning a state like Texas to the fascists there would be pure, fucking insanity, and anyone who proposes that idea seriously is in need of a metaphorical 2x4 upside their head. We save this whole fucking country, or it’s all lost. There is no in between.

26 Likes

I did want to reply to this graph, though, because this is related to something I’ve been thinking about recently. Polls consistently show that a majority of Americans are pro choice on abortion, are in favor of marriage equality and other LGBTQIA+ equality issues, and are in favor of common sense gun control. And on some of those, polls even show a slight majority of Republicans, at least in some demographics, are in favor of those issues. So why do Republican politicians so steadfastly hold on to their opposition to these issues? Because Republican and Independent voters don’t vote based on these issues. Many of them claim to be allies to the LGBTQIA+ community, but come election day, they still pull the lever for the GOP. Their support and allyship only go so far. At the end of the day, they are stuck in the mindset that GOP=good for my bank account, Dems=bad for my bank account, and that informs their vote. Even though it’s bullshit. So the minority fascist Republicans will continue to be in control until supposed moderate Republicans and Independents actually stop voting for them. Too many of them are still thinking that “anything is better than a Democrat.”

10 Likes

1890’s? Hell no! That was after the 14th amendment. 1850’s now, there is their sweet spot.

12 Likes