Texas Gov. Greg Abbott begins gruesome persecution of trans children and their parents

Originally published at: Texas Gov. Greg Abbot begins gruesome persecution of trans children and their parents | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Angry Ufc GIF

They are coming for that next… and the current SC will oblige, because women are no longer full citizens, but walking incubators…

54 Likes

abbot is being primaried by a guy named huffines who claims that “abbot is too liberal for texas.” he doesn’t stand a chance but it’s scary.

there are already at least two states passing laws seeking to be test cases for the overturn of that case and with the gilead 6 running things it may happen.

39 Likes

Handmaids Tale Cheers GIF by HULU

28 Likes

I’m not sure which is more terrifying: this asshole being in charge instead of in prison, or the fact that a vast number of Texans actually support him.

Either way, Texas is off my list until he’s gone.

37 Likes

Is this where I post my “We do not co-parent with the government” slogan?

31 Likes

I’m sure he supports parents of trans kids standing their ground when intrusive, outlaw, overreaching, nanny state assholes try to enter their property.

48 Likes

Our trans brothers and sisters are at the top of the fascists’ hit(-list) parade. If we don’t come to their aid now most of the people on this site might as well start reciting Niemoller’s poem.

60 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before they start handing out brown uniforms to “Friends of Texas”.

14 Likes

It’s probably time to set up an NGO to help trans people and their families to move as refugees.

34 Likes

In that sense, I’m rather surprised they still have CPS at all.

</s>

16 Likes

If the GOP takes the House and Senate in November I’m afraid you’re right. After that voting rights will be so gutted and the system so corrupted that it will be a three-year-window before persecution is not only tolerated by the ruling party but deemed Constitutional.

26 Likes

Jesus F Christ. That’s just what a kid who’s trying to figure out their gender identity needs - someone telling them the way they feel is illegal.

/smh

31 Likes

Fuck these fascist assholes…here is the full document of Abbot’s order
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21272649-abbott-letter-to-masters

Angry GIF by Crossroads Church

27 Likes

mood GIF

26 Likes

I am never traveling to a red state again

12 Likes

I want to live in a world where this idea does not have to be revived (and, really, it never had a chance to go away - I am sure there are websites devoted to this exact topic today)

32 Likes

This is so fucking monstrous, and I was just waiting for the GOP to start this shit now that they’re openly fascists.

Immediately I started to wonder: where does it end? Teachers are supposed to report “transgender” children, but based on what? Kids aren’t having surgery. So what are you left with? The child identifying as a gender other than the “official” one, presumably, but why would they stop there? Would any child not conforming more generally to expected gender roles get reported? Are teachers going to be the new gender police - Republicans have certainly floated similar ideas in the past.

You may jest, but from what I’ve been reading, they really don’t. What they do have is a rudimentary, corrupt, completely broken system. They apparently can’t even track where kids are once they enter the foster system, for example. This order throws trans kids into a hell.

31 Likes

I just read this not two minutes ago.

35 Likes

It is every bit as underfunded as you might expect. Each caseworker has hundreds of families in their caseload and dozens of kids die each year from abuse and neglect. It’s a long-running scandal in a state of long-running scandals.

23 Likes