Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's popularity is plunging in new poll

Originally published at: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's popularity is plunging in new poll | Boing Boing

16 Likes

52 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

47 Likes

“Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s popularity is plunging says new poll”

Good. He could use a plunger to plunge all the shit he’s full of out of himself.

18 Likes

Well, no surprises there when he insists on killing off his most devoted supporters.

26 Likes

Did Greg Abbott do the math on the polls, himself?

ETA: I see it was a typo in OP, he fell from 59 to 45%. That he was ever at 59% popularity is crazy. The man is a nutjob that has been actively working to make his constituents less safe

35 Likes

Well, I guess that’s one testicle that’s actually shrinking…

7 Likes

26 Likes

Don’t get your liberal hopes up, Texas is conservative. And, unless more Californian’s move out there it will be a long time before even a middle of the road Democrat gets elected.

6 Likes

…and created a situation wherein 210 citizens froze to death due to power outages during the winter freeze.

28 Likes

Plunging popularity but still ahead of Beto. Texas for ya.

10 Likes

People said the same shit about GA prior to 2020.

39 Likes

If Texas can go Purple it can go Blue too.

31 Likes

35 Likes

Approval of governors in all States are diving, along with Biden, due to COVID. People don’t like what’s happening and blame the people who they hire to keep them from happening regardless of actual performance.

Now, if TX and FL were diving more than Biden or other States we might safely start drawing conclusions. But that’s not what we’re seeing right now.

13 Likes

Good thing for him he’s making it almost impossible for his non-base to vote.

13 Likes

Exactly. “Made it harder to vote” and “plunging popularity” isn’t a coincidence.

14 Likes

It’s going to be an interesting in 2022 and 2024 to see someone do projections of how the vote would be different if people weren’t killed.

8 Likes

Thats still terrifying…
If his approval was ~10% that’d still be concerning… 45% is INSANE.

(for the record, i’m in the UK with similar results and similar incredulty…)

19 Likes

It does seem like a) Texas has always had a significant progressive element, b) Texas is less a “red” state than a “voter-suppressed” state (albeit, to this point not as bad as GA), and c) people from “blue” states have been moving (sometimes back) to Texas, in sufficient quantities to shift the politics.

I know a number of left-leaning Californians who moved to Texas in recent years, because the cost of living was too high here. (Granted, a number of them left or are considering leaving Texas, especially after this last year, as they realize that living in a Republican-controlled state does have demonstrable impacts on quality of life, but they also can’t afford to move back to California and are realizing moving to another “red” state would be just as bad, so they may be stuck.) They’re adding up.

21 Likes