Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's popularity is plunging in new poll

Is this because he’s losing support- or has he just killed off that many of his own supporters?

22 Likes

5 Likes

Absolutely. So did/does GA.

I’d say their law might be worse than ours. They pass these laws because they are losing, not the other way around. The GOP has lost ATL and the Metro area in general now. They can’t continue to win state wide elections with the most economically vital part of the state solidly blue.

Bur primarily, I’m really sick of me living in one reality and being told by others that I’m delusional. It’s fucking gaslighting and I’m sick of it.

25 Likes

crash GIF

23 Likes

While there are a number of reasons I can’t move out of Tennessee, whenever I criticize our terrible legislature and people ask me, “If you hate it so much why don’t you move?” my response is always, “Why should I have to be the one to leave if my goal is to make it a better place for everyone?”

41 Likes

Shhhhhh! They’re on to us…

21 Likes

Forgotten all about Governor Richards already, have we?

21 Likes

(I loved that she didn’t take herself too seriously to do her own voice and date Bill in that episode.)

31 Likes

How Its Made Loop GIF by Digg

there’s some logic for ya!

15 Likes

???

Ted Cruz won in 2018 51% to 48.3% with loads of voter suppression helping him out. Demographics are crushing the GOP with the slow inevitability of an advancing glacier. The only way they can win, even in Texas, is to cheat.

30 Likes

The same poll says 1 in 4 Texans don’t intend to get Vaccinated. Lots of stupid down here.

6 Likes

One of her best friends was Molly Ivins. You can’t do better than that.

7 Likes

I think after another year or two of COVID, only the Democrats will be left standing.

6 Likes

Thank you @Scientist! Just made the correction.

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see how far “polls get it wrong” in Texas in the next few elections. Which is to say, it will be interesting to see how effective voter suppression is at forcing outcomes in spite of eligible voter preferences. My guess is Abbot can win with low 30s approval ratings, but we’ll see if I’m being overly pessimistic.

6 Likes

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

“The conservative hatred of realiity is the rage of Caliban seeing his own face in a glass. The conservative hatred of factual reporting on reality is the rage of Caliban not seeing his own face in a glass.”
– Oscar Wilde, probably.

16 Likes

This. The people not burning down the country shouldn’t have to abandon it to the party of “let’s set everything on fire”.

15 Likes

Your proposal is acceptable.

3 Likes

Texans are getting more liberal on their own, a lot of the Californians moving to Texas are hardcore religious Libertarian types.

16 Likes

Is that true? Other often named governors like Newsom and Whitmer approvals have risen in 2021 while Abbott and DeSantis have lost quite a bit.

11 Likes