Texas Gov. Greg Abbott begins gruesome persecution of trans children and their parents

I am fucking sick of making this jokey reference, but it is too fucking all purpose and applicable these days.

First, they came for the tomboys, and I said nothing…

16 Likes

Yep.

It was never going to stop at abortion.

Yep.

25 Likes

Dream on. The current (and forseeable) SCOTUS will almost certainly use this as an opportunity to reverse Griswold.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, the red state occasionally travels to me as it did this past election. Yay, Virginia!

16 Likes

My state could become red if the governor doesn’t get re-elected this year

15 Likes

This forum is not hosted in Texas and we will not allow any transphobic comments.

43 Likes

Stop claiming defeat before the fight is even over, and keep the pressure on the current admin:

PACK THE FUCKING COURTS.

37 Likes

Thank you.

23 Likes

Trixie Mattel Thank You GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

22 Likes

No, but they are having puberty blockers/hormones, as the letter references. This would result in a physical change, as would someone dressing/presenting as a different gender than they were.

This whole thing is sickening. How much support does it have with teachers and within the CPS workers? Could most of them just strike and refuse to demonize and persecute these kids? I realize doing the right thing is hard when your livelihood is on the line, but they can’t fire every one.

13 Likes

Cecily Strong Thank You GIF by Saturday Night Live

21 Likes

A change in pronouns, assuming a child was brave enough to even consider that in such an environment

But really, this is just as much about systems of control - “I don’t like that kid”, or “I feel uncomfortable around that kid” and a million other things will be acceptable “evidence”

ETA: This is about making sure that non-gender conforming children are afraid to ever take any steps to express themselves. It’s about control and fear of what could happen to them if they step out of line.

26 Likes

And part of why Abbott has gone full death cult bat shit. His primary opponents are all, amazingly, even worse than he is. He’s terrified to lose the primary and thus has moved to ever more extremes. Like this. Because fuck anyone else when it’s abbott’s career on the line.

This is bad. Really bad.

26 Likes

Actually, his last name is “Abbott” not “Abbot”.

As an Abbott myself, you had me ecstatic with glee that I didn’t actually share a name with this turd, unfortunately it turns out that I do.

12 Likes

Thank you.

11 Likes

and even more frightening, the entire GOP is following the same bat shit playbook

21 Likes

Some serious Stasi bullshit going on here, man. Any doctors who cooperate with this should have their board certification revoked. (Almost said license to practice, but being that this is a state-controlled thing, that is very unlikely to happen.) Terrifying times we live in. Fucking terrifying. This would be the time to flee before the fences go up.

30 Likes

Well, Child Procurement Service, but yeah…

12 Likes

The ACLU will help people get out of Texas if it comes to that

25 Likes

Remember the Air Traffic Controllers and slimy ronnie reagan? The republicans are both brainless and fearless.

13 Likes