Texas Gov. Greg Abbott was open to banning birth control pills when asked

That shit is a feature not a bug… cruelty is the point.

Besides, if those sluts didn’t want to die or had their children rotting away in an orphanage, they would have kept their legs closed like good Christian women… /s

14 Likes

I 100% believe that the modern GOP sees that as aspirational.

10 Likes

Punish the sluts! is their rallying cry!

Angry Work GIF

6 Likes

I mean violent dictator presidents for life is already their brand.

11 Likes

Thank you for that. I saw that film and feel it should be required viewing. For all of Abbott’s talk about “preventing rape” what this film showed, and which is going to happen in Texas too, is how laws that treat women as criminals encourage rape.

Abbott may say he’s against rape; he may even believe he is in a superficial way, but clearly he doesn’t feel it’s really a crime.

8 Likes

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

Truth Agree GIF by Much

7 Likes

… how about with a comically oversized steel dildo covered in spikes and coated in curare?

3 Likes

3 Likes

Saw a sign in my neighbor’s yard today.
She said “it’s a really different MAGA” and she’s right.

https://mothersagainstgregabbott.com/

She’s pretty brave.

Her entire car got keyed for having a “Beto” sticker on it when she parked in in downtown Dripping Springs a few years back.

11 Likes

No, just the ones with uteri.
Otherwise they’d be passing “deadbeat dad” laws.
Assholes.

8 Likes

For the most part but anything outside of straight cis male they want to punish. If they could get away with it they would make laws to punish any LGBT person for daring to have sex.

They are still fighting to roll back to the way things were before the pill.

6 Likes

They DID!

Texas still has anti-sodomy laws on the books too.

6 Likes

Fair point. I was referencing this very specific set of laws, but you’re right.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.