Texas man excuses himself mid-date to murder parking lot scam artist

Originally published at: Texas man excuses himself mid-date to murder parking lot scam artist | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Sounds about as stable as the guy of the same name in that Werner Herzog movie.

aguirre

24 Likes

I live in Texas and sometimes when I hear stories like this, I think of never leaving my house.

19 Likes

Add another item to my list of “Things not to do on a first date.”

17 Likes

she should consider herself lucky that he outed himself as a homicidal rage monster early on. for $40 bucks. jesus what a country.

28 Likes

Rodeo Goat?

Yeah, nope.

3 Likes

Of the tiny handful of restaurants I’ve been to in Houston, this particular Rodeo Goat is one of them!

3 Likes

This tragedy would not have happened if the parking scam guy had had a gun to defend himself with.

7 Likes

Comments from conservatives I had read were saying that the murderer is a hero and the scam artist deserved it.

They are morally bankrupt.

15 Likes

A much worse one would have unfolded, with a parking lot shootout in a crowded area of a populous city. Many dead and wounded.

5 Likes

It’s the guns.

7 Likes

I’m afraid it will lean toward criminalization of poverty. Don’t want to get killed for running a scam? Don’t be poor.

Already rich and running a scam? That’s Capitalism!

14 Likes

. . . Okay, I’m retiring my “no, no, I have the worst ‘first date’ story.” She wins forever.

And as @dabeyc said above, a guy who expresses his anger with immediate murderous rage to a stranger would do just as much if not more to a GF or spouse.

14 Likes

let’s put a pin in this story and pull it up later when Florida lets basically anyone and everyone have a gun with no license or training. i bet this will look like any other day then.

10 Likes

I live in New Jersey, and just yesterday, I was riding in a car someone else was driving when we realized we missed our turn. She immediately pulled into the first driveway she saw, which was just some random house, and I about freaked out. I hate that we’re living in a world that makes us scared to just do normal shit.

11 Likes

My son moved to the US last year and this shit terrifies me.

12 Likes

I mean…the good news is that if you do the math, the odds of one of these things happening to you are really low. Just not vanishingly close to zero like the rest of the world.

10 Likes

It also reflects the conservative mindset and its lack of nuance. In their black and white world, the idea that they were BOTH bad men (and that the murderer, in fact, turned out to be the worse of the two) is too much for them to comprehend. First man do bad thing, got punished, therefore punisher good.

Well, that and the fact that the murderer’s crime involved a gun. Using a gun for anything (up to and including massacring children) makes you such a patriot that you’re automatically in the right.

12 Likes

You think the skin color of the murder victim has something to do with their “conservative” response?

4 Likes

So Mom tell me how you first met Dad.

Well sit down because this one is a doozy…