Texas Rep. Jackson says it's "unfortunate" media blames shootings on guns when "rap and video games" are the culprit (video)

Originally published at: Texas Rep. Jackson says it's "unfortunate" media blames shootings on guns when "rap and video games" are the culprit (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Golly, good to have that settled.

I wonder why there aren’t mass shootings in any of the other countries around the world that listen to the same rap music and play the same video games.

43 Likes

Ronny Jackson, he for whom every hour is Happy Hour.

13 Likes

The last thing he says in the video is “I don’t know what’s going on.”

Yeah, that is abundantly clear.

28 Likes

45 Likes

Bullshit. Everyone knows it’s TidePods and Cultural Marxism.

20 Likes

Germany, Japan, France, Sweden, England, Poland, Finland all have the same rap music, same video games, and far fewer religious citizens. How is it they can avoid regular blood baths when the US can’t?

I don’t expect truth, honestly, integrity, or hard hitting investigative reporting from Faux News, but damn if the rest of the media sphere aren’t as useless as nipples on a frog.

30 Likes

I’m sure its the the bullets in guns that are killing people, not the images in video games.

22 Likes

Guns don’t kill people; Rep. Ronny Jackson (R–TX) does. I mean, he is complicit in a fatal felony; so that’s murder, right?

12 Likes

the 1990s called, and they want their weak distraction excuse back.

23 Likes

I thought it was mobile game microtransactions and the final season of Game of Thrones.

10 Likes

Yeah, interesting that Dr. Candyman didn’t mention the commonly cited scapegoat of drug abuse.

11 Likes
22 Likes

I’m thinking that the background check should include an IQ test.

16 Likes

Ronnie is a notorious day drinker and pill popper/pusher, has anyone every done an inventory/audit on his drug stash, maybe the DEA could help with that.

11 Likes

I grew up playing Tiger Woods Golf, and that’s why I’m currently Tiger Woods.

32 Likes

Now that it’s rap, is Ozzy finally off the hook?

18 Likes

The Bat Council is a hold out, understandably.

15 Likes

S Korea I’d say is a multitude more video game enthused society than the USA, and yet…

8 Likes

It’s hilarious how this twat waffle says it with a straight face… in 2022.

10 Likes