Texas senator wants to label food that contains aborted human fetuses

Lawrence Fox, who played Lewis’s sidekick, has some awful political views. Wouldn’t be that surprised if he had embraced Q-anon.

5 Likes

No doubt. He played the title role in this piece of conspiracist crap.

6 Likes

IIRC Nestlé also handed out notepads with advertisements for formula milk.

1. Illiterate mother takes sick baby to the doctor.

2. Doctor diagnoses the baby’s illness and writes a prescription for medication using the notepad given by the friendly Nestlé sales rep.

3. Mother takes prescription to pharmacy. Mother complains when the pharmacist hands over the prescribed medicine instead of Nestlé formula milk with a picture of a happy smiling baby like the one on the notepad.

4. To avoid a scene, pharmacist sells the mother Nestlé formula milk instead.

4 Likes

Pretty sure being able to make a claim that “some” (namely his opponents) are “not bothered” by what he is trying to outlaw, is the whole point of proposing the law.

6 Likes

We are truly in the dumbest timeline…

16 Likes

The “dingo ate your baby” joke was always in pretty terrible taste since it was referencing an actual dingo attack that cost a baby her life and resulted in her bereaved mother spending three years in prison after being falsely accused of the child’s murder.

I mean, what part of that story is supposed to be funny?

22 Likes

Can we get the good Senator to name just one such product?

6 Likes

A forehead tattoo. “Contents may settle after packing”.

7 Likes

Jelly baby?

1 Like

Gina Carano? Quelle surprise!

3 Likes

It has been played as a joke for years, sadly. I guess most people don’t know what happened and even some that do, still play it up for laughs.

10 Likes

Laugh or cry it’s your choice.

1 Like

I can’t speak on behalf of all Australians, of course, but I don’t think it will be controversial to most Australians if I say on the subject of “Dingo ate my baby” “jokes”:

It’s not funny. It was never funny. Please stop it.

14 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Oh, FFS.
Let’s hope he doesn’t find out about Baby Powder or Baby Oil…

It should surprise no one to learn that he is a Teeper.
His district is to the east & southeast of Dallas; for some reason, that part of Texas has always seemed to be a hotbed for loons & crackpots of various sorts. Not that the rest of the state suffers shortages… they just seem to like to congregate in north & east Texas.
Anyway, here’s an article about him.

Excerpts:
Hall challenged state senator Bob Deuell from the right in the 2014 GOP primary, calling Deuell a pawn of Satan and public schools a method of “communist indoctrination…”
…Hall came to the defense of Ray Myers, a personal friend and fellow tea party activist, who announced to the world that he was a “white nationalist.”

The Texas Legislature is packed full of these loons, & they are fixing to get cranked up for a new session.
Who knows what fuckery they intend to inflict upon us; we are getting dribs & drabbles of it so far.
None of it good.

10 Likes

It’s a foetish.

3 Likes

Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble…

…right here in River City…

3 Likes

He must be getting short on campaign money.

1 Like

This meme is pretty strong in brazil and appeared several years ago.
Probably the most famous repeater of that was Olavo de Carvalho (dead and not missed), which ranted that pepsi was using aborted fetuses as an artificial sweetener.
The good side is that most appearances of that meme are people mocking him for that stupid remark, and his followers for believing such charlatan.

7 Likes