Texas teacher encouraged middle school students to fistfight in class (video)

Originally published at: Texas teacher encouraged middle school students to fistfight in class (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Angry Amy Sedaris GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

15 Likes

The mom is right. This is a punishable criminal offense.

21 Likes

Eyes What GIF

12 Likes

Only shocking part: Texas didn’t immediately hire the substitute teacher to be the state-wide director of education.

15 Likes

Cats Reaction GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition EMEA

11 Likes

If only there were a Good Guy with a Guntm who could have prevented this from happening.

9 Likes

This just happened in Tallahassee FL a few weeks ago as well!

9 Likes

Just become a gym teacher, Natally, the place where junior fascism never dies (despite the “health class” rebranding).

12 Likes

Fascists are always concerned that young people (of the superior race) should be fit and healthy.

6 Likes

Second shocking part - no guns were involved.

7 Likes

As sick as the video makes me, my heart swells with gratitude for the young lady who took risks to document this horrific event.

11 Likes

According to her mom, the child is now receiving death threats for reporting this insanity.

Most likely suspects? Natally’s relative(s) and/or friend(s)?

4 Likes

11 Likes

It’d be cool if the headline read “substitute teacher encouraged”…Teachers are demonized for enough shit in this country. It would also be cool if you could outline what exactly are the standards to be a substitute teacher, especially in Texas.

1 Like

If an actual teacher did this, it would be just as awful.

Teachers are human beings, some are awesome, some are awful, most are somewhere in between. Yes, teachers get demonized and we should oppose that, but anyone who did this, whatever their actual position with the school district SHOULD be immediately fired.

People here are upset about what happened and most of us are informed enough that we’re not going to blame the profession (of which some of us are part of, either in K-12 or at the college level).

[ETA] I also see no reason to demonize substitutes, since most of them are just fine at their jobs. The problem is the individual, not the profession.

15 Likes

[quote=“pwenzel, post:8, topic:246610, full:true”]
This just happened in Tallahassee FL a few weeks ago as well![/quote]

WTF?!? As bad as it is that this happened once, twice is a trend (how many times has it happened and not been reported). Did something happen that would inspire this kind of thing? Fight Club came out like 30 years ago, so I doubt that’s it.

3 Likes

fight club tyler GIF

5 Likes

Even more shocking, who the heck spells it “Natally”? What were her parents thinking?!? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Natallists?

/s

2 Likes