Texas televangelist who falsely linked pandemic to premarital sex dies of COVID-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/10/texas-televangelist-who-falsely-linked-pandemic-to-premarital-sex-dies-of-covid-19.html

9 Likes

Finally some good news!

16 Likes

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

39 Likes

church lady

28 Likes

None, NONE of these assclowns’ followers ever get suspicious that EVERY bad thing that happens gets thrown at the “fornication / homosexuality” wall like so much spaghetti? Seriously, a pandemic is never a wake up call to…plan for pandemics? Like why are idiots so attracted to A to C bull$#!+ connections?

31 Likes

The link to this thread from the article is fucked. Much like this guy was outside of his marriage, if his bullshit theory isn’t bullshit.

2 Likes

imagine my lack of surprise.

13 Likes

That explains how Trump got it, I guess.

Why focus on the brides and not the grooms, I wonder?* It takes two** to tango, pal.

*I do not actually wonder.
**Or more than two depending on how adventurous you are.

29 Likes

Unless going on a date with Palmela Handerson counts…

11 Likes

That’s more of a “jig” than a “tango.”

13 Likes

And no one in the “church’s” “congregation” will notice the irony.

Is it irony? Or one of those other literary-type things?

15 Likes

4504986ac56345c66f59f31289405b81

20 Likes

I am willing to fornicate to help cleanse the world of televangelists. A bit late for pre-marital though.

13 Likes

Low-functioning neocortices, highly-keyed-up and programmed reptilian brains. That’s my sense anyway.

9 Likes

I was married very briefly about 30 years ago, but haven’t been since, nor do I intend to do so. Of course I’m also sure that the sex in which I engage is verboten, so guess I’m doing my part as well!

10 Likes

Reminds of those religious nutbags in the 80s linking HIV infection to homosexuality.
Same exact mindset; some people never learn. A Darwin Award would be fully deserved.

5 Likes

They’ll say he experienced…The Rapture… albeit a sloppy version of it.

3 Likes

Hang on, are we sure he didn’t die of COVID because of all the premarital sex he had?

7 Likes

Yup. November is already the best month of this year, and it’s only the 11th

5 Likes

Do you mean that when you click on the “Comments” link at the bottom of the article it doesn’t take you to the BBS? I find that happens to me a lot with certain author’s articles. Maybe it has to do with how they create and post their articles.

2 Likes