Popular pastor, who claimed he could cure Covid-19 by touch, dies of Covid-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/19/popular-pastor-who-claimed-he.html

4 Likes

So now we’re just laying honey-pots to try to tempt bbs commentors to break the “no karmic schadenfreude” rule?

53 Likes

Instead of taking action to prevent the spread of the disease, however, hundreds of his followers gathered around the house containing his corpse, awaiting his resurrection.

Born suckers; but, like Il Douche’s marks (many of whom are also religious fundies), born suckers who ruin things for everyone.

18 Likes

I’m not saying I am glad he is dead. But I am saying that I am not surprised in the least.

34 Likes
20 Likes

Came here expecting this guy.

Am disappoint.

37 Likes

You would have a legitimate hard time finding someone who looks more like a featured player in a TBS dramedy about demons walking among us than Kenneth Copeland.

21 Likes

Really, I don’t see it…

11 Likes

He obviously should have touched himself more

29 Likes

Why did I have to double-check that this didn’t happen somewhere in the US, like Mississippi, or Georgia, or Texas?

11 Likes

There are many paths to Enlightenment. One of them involves these gentlemen.

11 Likes

Sown, and reaped.

I take no joy in the man’s demise, but it doesn’t come as a shock, either.

Actions still have consequences, regardless to anyone’s faith.

He should be so lucky to depart this earthly plane in such style.

21 Likes

How bout that. And they say there’s no cure for stupid.

6 Likes

Religion is a hell of a drug

Side effects may include, and are not limited to: paranoia, delusion, and feelings of worthlessness

13 Likes

Nothing fails like prayer.

9 Likes

From what I can tell this happened in Cameroon and we should be cautious about interpreting it through the narrow lens of US politics.

1 Like

Dead is dead; politics be damned.

10 Likes

“Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.”

1 Like

Um, hello, is the virus still using his cells to replicate and propagate itself? I don’t think so. Ipso facto: he’s cured. It worked!

1 Like

Funniest thing I’ve heard in a month.

1 Like