Texas televangelist who falsely linked pandemic to premarital sex dies of COVID-19

Shit! Serves the asshole right.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the problem. Maybe @xeni can fix it. Same problem on a couple of her other posts tonight.

Happens with almost all of her posts, for me, fairly consistently, at least for a while after they’re first posted. I assumed it was deliberate…

3 Likes

I guess he should have saved himself.

5 Likes

Easy. Just declare yourself a “born again premarital”. Reset complete. Have at it.

5 Likes

I love how his research matches what I would have done for a 3rd grade project on the solar system.

7 Likes

Also, what kind of encyclopedia was this guy reading?

6 Likes

I’m going to guess it was something like this:

ETA - the article on the US election is a hoot. Or a terror if one thinks that there might be people who actually believe that version.

10 Likes

OMG, that is some cray-cray. I read the article about marriage (or “marriage” if referring to same sex unions :roll_eyes:). Turns out extramarital sex didn’t just cause COVID, it led to the fall of the Roman Empire. Who knew?

9 Likes

And @Kevin_Slattery and @sirdigbypollo

I’ll quote my own comment in an other thread yesterday. This is NOT a new or unknown problem, by a long chalk.

Off-topic, but is anyone EVER going to find out what it is that Xeni randomly does that causes Discourse to link comments links on some of her posts back to the blog or post rather than the comments thread? It’s been going on for a very long time now, and it is only Xeni, and only on some of her posts. It was claimed to be a Discourse bug that they were looking into but it’s a pretty weird bug that is so intermittent and only affects one blogger. It seems reasonable to suspect that there may be some different tool or process she uses for some of her posts that is somehow triggering this.

I’ll typically open a few comments threads at a time as I browse through blog view, and by the time I get to one where this has happened and instead of comments I have a tab with blog view in it, it is a pain to go find the headline for the relevant article, go to BBS and then type the headline into search to find the comments thread.

Or is this the ‘new normal’?

3 Likes

Well, duh.

Mind you, marriage is apparently also fractal. Mind, blown…

1 Like

He didn’t die of C19. The underlying cause of death was irony.

3 Likes

One should always remember that “Biblical marriage” means the union of one man with one or more wives, concubines, handmaids, slaves, etc.

https://robertcargill.com/2011/10/11/what-exactly-is-biblical-marriage/

12 Likes

Thanks! That whole blog post was great!

4 Likes

Yes it is.

That is to say, if you’re going to argue that same-sex couples cannot get married because it is not a ‘sanctioned’ form of marriage in the Bible, then be prepared to defend those forms of marriage that are sanctioned in the Bible, like forcibly marrying rape victims and prisoners of war, for according to the Bible, these too are sanctioned by God.

9 Likes

"Thousands at his bidding speed
And fuck o’er Land and Ocean without rest:
They also serve who only fornicate."

– John Milton

1 Like

I found this this morning and just wanted to use it!FucksAllGone

17 Likes

I loved this part, too:

Now, please don’t misunderstand me: I’m not advocating against marriage. I love being married to Roslyn, and we are quite happy together. But we define the arrangements of our partnership, and we chose to love each other. Likewise, any two other consenting adults, regardless of race or gender, should be able to enjoy the same joys and benefits of marriage that Roslyn and I do.

5 Likes

Sacrilicious.

3 Likes