Texas Walmart shopper tries to buy a baby boy from his mother for $500,000

She needs to try my beautiful little beastie boy grandson with the deal being she has to pay an additional $500,000 for us to take him back. And she has to foot all her medical bill on her own.

2 Likes

People have tried to return adopted children when they didn’t like the ones they raised. And then there’s this:

13 Likes

Return? They’ve been doing news stories on horrible people who dump minors across state lines. Apparently, the authorities learned about that practice because folks were exchanging ideas for escaping legal consequences on adoption forums. :frowning_woman:t4:

15 Likes

There was one state which tried to enact a safe harbor law to allow for infants to be left at fire stations and hospitals and such, but left out any language on the age of the person being left-soon senior citizens and teenagers were being brought in to be become wards of the state. I think it was Oklahoma.

5 Likes

It was Nebraska, they corrected the law in 2008.

All 50 states have safe haven laws.

8 Likes

Dang food prices are going up!

3 Likes

Texas Walmart shopper tries to buy a baby boy from his mother for $500,000

That’s ridiculous. Everyone knows you can’t buy domestic babies at Walmart. They only sell imported babies. SMH.

6 Likes

Talk about depreciation!

6 Likes

Say it with me, folks;

Children are NOT property.

16 Likes

Police arrested the empty-handed shopper for attempting to purchase a child — “a third degree felony in Texas,”

Why is attempting to purchase a person only a third degree felony in Texas? And why does Texas rank this lower in severity than, say, forgery (a non-violent crime)?

15 Likes

Seems like that should up it from a 3rd deg felony to first. That’s a threat to kidnap.

10 Likes

In Texas, kidnapping is also a 3rd degree felony. See link above.

But don’t get caught helping someone get an abortion!

20 Likes

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

12 Likes

Pretty ballsy to try this in Texass and at a Walmart. I wonder what proportion of walmart shopping Texians are armed?

8 Likes

Man, that is so incredibly fucked up.

15 Likes

But they can be food under the right circumstances

1 Like

Could it have something to do with which folks tend to be the victims of those crimes, vs. the perpetrators?
What If Reaction GIF by Bounce

12 Likes

The Xtianists and traditional patriarchs who see them as part of a male’s chattel would disagree of course. There are a lot of them in Texas.

4 Likes

That’s kind of the point though, no? Maybe she figured “Where can I go find white blond people poor enough to take an offer like this? Let’s try Wal*Mart”.

1 Like

“The mother said a woman approached her and commented on her son’s blue eyes and blond hair.“

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Yikes. Straight up aryan nation shit right there.

2 Likes