Texas Walmart shopper tries to buy a baby boy from his mother for $500,000

Originally published at: Texas Walmart shopper tries to buy a baby boy from his mother for $500,000 | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Capitalism has got most of our species just plain ol’ twisted at this point.

23 Likes

I know this is serious and am thankful that this unstable woman wasn’t able to purchase or snatch the baby. But could you imagine if the sale went through as she wanted, and her kid asked about where he came from when he was a bit older?

K-Mart is bad enough. But Walmart?? Eww.

50 Likes

I know that when I run out of adrenochrome, Walmart is always my first stop when stocking up

21 Likes

Just another day in Texass.

10 Likes

Anything I want to say about this woman will be in violation of the BBS rules.

43 Likes

Her check bounced.

6 Likes

Every time this kid messes up, they’re going to hear this story.

33 Likes

I wonder just how many QNuts see the boogeyman stories they tell as an aspirational lifestyle?

7 Likes

Never read the comments!

The source article comment thread devolves into “It’s all Biden’s fault!”

20 Likes

I’m not entirely convinced this shopper had the funds to complete the transaction anyway

12 Likes

$500,000? Just wait for them to go on clearance.

7 Likes

There isn’t that much difference between conventional adoption in the U.S. and this very public incident, except it’s usually behind closed doors, takes longer, and has special laws to tie everything up in a bow.

16 Likes

I call BS. Walmart shoppers don’t have anywhere near $500,000.

9 Likes

When I was living in S. Coliforniyah, a friend of mine explained that while a tiny baby, he’d been purchased from his actual parents in Mexico for several hundred thousand $$$.

10 Likes

y’all stay classy, texass!

8 Likes

Mounting the defense appropriate to this case might be in violation of various state rules (not sure if TX is one of them).

Why didn’t she just order from Amazon and have it delivered by StorkEx.

3 Likes

By the time they are teenagers, you can’t even give them away.

9 Likes

They got everything at Walmart.