Texas woman tries to burn a bible, causing two homes to burn (including her own)

432120601_e8a1efbc8a

16 Likes

I feel the headline is misleading. Surely she was successful in burning the bible, unless her plan was to set her house on fire and then chuck it inside but it somehow missed the flames?

4 Likes

Turns out - there was a spider.

7 Likes

I’m going to guess drugs and/or alcohol were involved. (Not just in the randomness of burning a bible, but because of how incredibly dangerously it was obviously done.)

1 Like

Best Xmas card I ever saw.
Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you’re a …
Delivered to not-exactly-popular guy in our local.

2 Likes

Indeed. It’s deemed much better to burn it while contemplating what you are doing than toss it in the dustbin.

We actually did this with a trove of photographs from a Great Aunt – picked out the few that had my mother-in-law in them, and her having no descendants or heirs or even really friends – were left with piles of unlabeled photos. Couldn’t even offer them to a local history group. So we thought it was better to burn them while thinking a little bit of whoever these people were – many dead for 70 or more years – than to simply toss them in the trash.

I always feel good about that.

1 Like

Oh man I could sure go for some Lamb of God right now.

9 Likes

They do delivery: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdZpxkzNvc

1 Like

That’s what’s was always amazing about the so-called flagburning issue of the '90s.
Conservatives were trying to criminalize it at the same time that the VFW’s official policy for flag disposal was flagburning (respectful) cremation.

3 Likes

This got me thinking, do states in the US, the ones that are prone to fires, issue total fire bans when conditions get dangerous? Here in NSW Australia, we often get total fire bans during the summer to try and cut down on bush fires.

5 Likes

I don’t know if we call them total bans, but the rules are very strict in California (to the point where you just aren’t allowed to burn anything when conditions are bad). Less so elsewhere in the US.

6 Likes

Local municipalities frequently have burn-bans for air quality reasons as well. The city I live in has had a ban in effect for most of 2020 and 2021 because of air quality issues caused by the forest fires.

Canada also does bans when fire risk is high. There are signs on highways and it is reported on the local news in areas near forests what the current fire risk level is.

5 Likes

tumblr_23110d24ea043b7a9a36bafe8e5e7837_ad2adddb_640

5 Likes

My first year at my first employer. An upcoming Halloween party invite prompted me to shave off my mustache. (I went as “Dim” from A Clockwork Orange.) For a few days there were looks from a few co-workers… and comments ranging from “Your soup should taste better now.” to “Do you have a twin sister?” A very strange and uncomfortable week.

1 Like

This just goes to show: if you’re gonna burn a bible, don’t use holy water as an accelerant.

1 Like

dean jones puppets GIF

3 Likes

3a6399ea043674fd3689bed8ddd6c84d

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.