TGI Friday's "mozzarella sticks" are bereft of mozzarella, according to class-action lawsuit

These healthful-seeking people read the name, but ignored the nutritional information label which was accurate? Would these same people not choose something with less fat or salt content rather than assume the processed food product they were eating met their nutritional requirements?

IMHO With the exception of people who were expecting mozza-like stretching and got cheddar-like non-stretching, I fail to see the issue here. “I bought these and they taste nothing like the restaurant” is fair for false advertising, but that’s true of like every single grocery-store rendition of a restaurant product ever, no?

1 Like

If I bit into a cheese-flavored baked corn snack and it stretched, the kind of cheese in the thing would be the last thing on my mind.

3 Likes

As I recall Ben Calhoun’s investigation into the rumor you’re referencing concluded that while it’s just barely possible to pass off pork rectum as calamari if it’s fried up right it’s not the kind of practice that one could get away with for long or even makes economic sense.

4 Likes

easy to tell-- cheddar is made from cows milk, mozzarella is made from buffalo milk (from buffalo which graze only on lands located within the Triangle of Death.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.