Thank you, @docosc

This was prog rock taken to the extreme. Right up there with Magma. Not exactly my cup of tea, but not terrible. When prog rock evolved into metal, I was happy. Although IIRC, Tull got a Grammy for metal which is just ridiculous

16 Likes

This needs a playable Rock Band version. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have to confess that none of this was really my cup of tea; I was raised on Motown and 50s jazz. A year of living on a dorm corridor where all you ever heard was Aqualung and Gentle Giant drove me a little potty. However, I did buy TAAB when it was released because I thought it was pretty funny. And I do like flute solos in rock (and everything else).

3 Likes

How 'bout some Jethro Toe?

7 Likes

New one on me! The vocals are def Ian Anderson, but “Jethro Toe?” :rofl:

10 Likes

Cosigned!

Also, Ian Anderson on social distancing:
sit_this_one_out

14 Likes
13 Likes

:+1:one of my favorites!

11 Likes

Oh, yes. We saw him live many years ago in LA. During “Broadsword”, Ian slipped away for a moment, then came back carrying a ridiculously huge sword. Very, very proggy… and the audience went nuts.

7 Likes

Oh man, Broadsword and the Beast is my absolute favorite album as a whole.

6 Likes

It was right after the Broadsword tour that Ian hooked up with the tour’s keyboardist, Peter-John Vettese, for a solo album, Walk Into Light. If you liked “Watching Me, Watching You” from the Broadsword album, then WIL might be your cup of tea since its just as ‘strident’ and synth-driven as WMWY. Enjoy… I hope!

6 Likes

I will check it out!

5 Likes

thump

5 Likes

Mine too!

9 Likes

Their first single. The label guy wasn’t listening when they told him the name, so the story goes.

10 Likes

My family and I have benefited from the insights of many on this bbs.
Including @docosc.
We are all lucky to have you.
Thank you for your willing heart, and the gift of your time.

I must now revisit my notions about Jethro Tull.

15 Likes

“Doctor is friend of the people!” Soviet poster, 1956

19 Likes

I finally managed to catch up with the coronavirus thread… thank you @docosc and all our knowledgeable Mutants for helping us know what’s going on!!!

thank you stars tall

20 Likes
5 Likes

Going to add my heartfelt support to this, i don’t envy you frontline doctors in the midst of all this but i sure as shit am glad you’re there. :heart:

9 Likes