Thanks to you, the Trump They Live billboard is up in Times Square!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/05/thanks-to-you-the-trump-they.html

6 Likes

Got those two names confused there, Mark

9 Likes

Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump…

Anyone else here understand how advertising works?

3 Likes

If no one on earth will ever shut up about him, then he doesn’t need to spend on advertising. I’d say this is more like marketing, keeping the brand relevant.

1 Like

Good point! I stand corrected. Now, if only someone could come up with some ultra-hip meme to insert him into, maybe something from the '80s. Yeah, the '80s are hot right now.

1 Like

Sometimes I forget, and then I think of his classic signature to remind me:

2 Likes

I thought Jimmy Jalapeeno was “World’s Greatest Artist” but I did not realize he had passed away…

The VOTE billboard is ready for selfies at 7th Ave and 48th St!

Sunglasses obligatory (I’d say bubblegum, too, but we’re all out).

5 Likes

This makes me want to move back there… but – oh, god! – the humidity!!

Looks like it was fixed! Thanks!

3 Likes

tRump never look so good…

4 Likes

Yes, because just ignoring him works sooo well.

9 Likes

I wish the text at the bottom wasn’t so huge. It kinda feels more like an ad for the artist than a political statement…

It looks… beautiful! Happy to have contributed to this!

1 Like

How would we know?

For political ads, which they decided this one was, it requires that the “Paid By…” line has to be a foot high, otherwise, no billboard. I hear you! If it were up to me it would be much smaller.

20 Likes

I claim “Best”, Jimmy can have “Greatest” :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When is the last time you ignored a big problem and it went away? I think we don’t have the luxury of testing out your untested theory. I think we should go with what is known to work: kick his ass to the curb with everything we’ve got.

4 Likes

Ah!!! On the internet I’m not supposed to be directly confronted by the people I’m complaining about!!! Hahah. Well it’s pretty awesome nonetheless!

8 Likes