Thanksgiving Prep and Troubleshooting

It’s over in its new thread about Scansinisms. She was from the Racine area, born 1919. So you have to take the era into consideration.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of cooking, but I make shit up in the kitchen all the time. Sometimes, people even like the results. :wink:

I have a black bean chili recipe of the same vein as your split pea recipe. Based on a soup I had to make every morning for a semester while working at a Brazilian restaurant, and developed through much experimentation to the point of autopilot perfection.

2 Likes

I found it. Half my family is from Racine, but the important parts found their way to the middle of the state. Funny thing is, my grandparents didn’t use these phrases, they had -isms much more in line with the user-submitted stuff.

1 Like

My father in law is also from Racine (born in 1946), and he says some of the stuff my Grandma said, but not all. And he also says different stuff too. Basically, Wisconsin is WEIRD and they are all WEIRDOES.

1 Like

I think a few of around here may resemble that remark.

2 Likes

Maybe @japhroaig will give us the Train Wreck footage for Christmas… still waiting…

3 Likes

I came back here, just for this recipe. Thanks @Clifton!!!

I know where it is at. A storage building packed to the gills (it has to be). On a DVD that has chicken scratches for labeling. It’s gonna be fun :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 453 days. New replies are no longer allowed.