That "CIA veteran" who was always on Fox News was just arrested for lying about being in the CIA

You can get arrested for that?
I guess that I really need to change my beachwear…

4 Likes

Imprecision, I’m afraid. I lived in London in the 1970s and yes, they were there then, but I believe there are more now - more food, more warmth in winter.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re still there. My cousin has a bunch of them live near her.

I’ve never heard an exotic pet bird sing. Maybe all the people I know who own them have the wrong species, or gave them terrible upbringings. But as far as I know firsthand, all they do is shriek and shit.

1 Like

“Singing” is not really a parrot specialty. They’re flying dinosaurs, and they know it, and every time they open their beaks it’s their attempt to recreate a Cretaceous Era soundscape

5 Likes

Like soft rock in restaurants. I’m gonna die or go postal.

1 Like

Well sing may be the wrong word - my male cockatiel will ‘sing’ but it’s his own tune - my 'keets tweet (much like opening your window on a spring morning to listen to the birds) at each other - and will match and attempt to keep up with certain songs, ‘tweeting’ in time with the song which is cool.

For a bird to really learn singing and talking you need to raise them solo for a long time - otherwise it doesn’t happen. There are times they get unruly - that’s when the cage cover comes out and they stop :smile:

If you listen carefully they’re actually saying “If it wasn’t for the damn rock it would be you in the cage, buddy.”

2 Likes

Let us be charitable and say that parrots are highly social birds, who like to keep in contact with one another at a distance, so their voices are designed for carrying quality rather than for musicality.

They are beyond truth

1 Like

Looking forward to Fox’s retraction and apology.

Can you imagine how torn up they must feel having mislead the American people?

3 Likes

5 Likes

You’re confusing gullible with crass. They don’t care that he’s a grifter, he’s their kind of grifter.

2 Likes

About as much as on the other half million or so occasions.

3 Likes

My aunt appears to have kept them in the past as tasty treats for her furry little murderers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.