That probably hurt

They’d better spike that idea.

1 Like

As a… ahem… differently massive person (or inertially gifted, as you like), that is one of my secret recurring fears. I’ve had a few chairs fail to meet the challenge of my nigh-cetacean bulk (fortunately only with comparatively minor and non-bowel-removing injuries so far), and have repeatedly faced the embarrassment of asking a skinny person to vacate a sturdier seat for me. The dismay of the latter is somewhat offset by the glee of shouting “MOVE OR I’M SITTING ON YOU, TWIGBOY!!” as I heedlessly lower myself into said seat. The terrified squeals warm the cockles of my cholesterol-choked heart.

But I digress. Having a pneumatic cylinder or centerpost in a cheap office chair or bar stool impale me is no doubt on my horizon. I hope someone at least gets a good youtube video out of my resulting death.

15 Likes

Hope they sent flowers.

25 Likes

Chevy Chase.

Sad.

1 Like

Understatement.

They roasted Chevy Chase some years back, and none of his famous co-stars from his biggest movies showed up.

1 Like

Yep. Having been exposed to it before, why would they want to re-experience CC’s issues.

1 Like

It’s really telling when you give people a free pass to talk trash about you, and they outright decline

It really was sad to see…

3 Likes

Funny clip, though.

Here’s a story I clearly remember from about 10 years back where someone supposedly died from being impaled on a chair cylinder like this: https://gizmodo.com/5157354/boy-killed-anally-when-office-chair-explodes

1 Like

Klaus Kinski’s BEST ROLE EVAH.

1 Like

My dad was doing a century bike ride when, about two miles before the halfway/lunch point, the bolt holding his bike seat on sheared. He had to pedal that last two miles standing, in pain.

He went on to father two more children, though, so no permanent damage.

4 Likes

If the director’s account is to be believed he was so unpleasant on set that they probably would have preferred to work with an actual Nazi serial killer.

4 Likes

I have an Eames molded plywood lounge chair knockoff (the squat unupholstered one) that was around 10% of the price of the licensed ones, and is marginally more comfortable. I had to re-engineer some of the mounting hardware (the back was held on by teentsy screws), but now it is probably more solid than the original.

Charles and Ray Eames specifically designed chairs like this to be affordable, especially for returning GIs after the war. I wonder how they would react to current prices for their designs.

4 Likes

I prefer the refinement of the juicer stool:

7 Likes

So what’s the deal, his character in Community is based on his actual personality or something?

1 Like

Well… at the lest he didn’t sit on his glasses

The controller has two buttons. One of them is labelled “start” and the other “kick”.
This applies to all xbox 720 games.

1 Like

Bill Murray once called him “Medium Talent” during a backstage SNL fight. It’d be pointless to roast him knowing that the sickest possible burn had already been dealt 30 years ago.

5 Likes

I just got done reading about that.

Apparently despite being on SNL only a year before leaving, he had quite the raging, obnoxious ego.

Also, I never knew he had real beef with Richard Pryor, who straight up told Johnny Carson on his show that he “didn’t like Chevy.”

6 Likes

Ah, so that was real tension in that job interview skit. Makes it even better in a way.

4 Likes