That time Davy Crockett met Bigfoot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/09/that-time-davy-crockett-met-bi.html

2 Likes

Good to know that Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) speak English.

5 Likes

Chewie, No!

8 Likes

I can’t wait to measure something in foundlings. (It’s ten foundlings to an orphanage right? Base ten)

7 Likes

Glad there was no typo, too. How to measure something in fondlings?

(An imperial fondling is the distance a hand can travel in 2 seconds. A metric fondling is how long it takes to touch the whole surface of a particular platinum bar in a museum somewhere in Paris.)

5 Likes

Speaks English, knows about the political situation and disappears in a literal puff of smoke. I.e. Bigfoots are magic, not living animals, which is obviously why no one ever finds any evidence of them.

3 Likes

There’s also a fair amount of early Mormon folklore about people meeting a bigfoot-like creature that identified himself as Cain from Genesis.

1 Like

OT @Mangochin: How did Chewbacca end up in a Indiana Jones comic book?

Dark Horse Comics was licensed to do Star Wars comics at the time (Marvel has it now)

1 Like

this is the first ive heard of a TALKING bigfoot.

1 Like

A magic Bigfoot that talks and can see the future. We’ve hit the trifecta of weird shit. Ya gotta wonder if Crockett’s previous meal had included any mushrooms.

2 Likes

“I swear to you, Abner, that whatever meat or sausage disagreed with me that afternoon, I swore off all beef and hog for a day or so afterward.”

It sounds like Davy was saying he had experienced a nightmare caused by some stomach distress. Apart from that, wasn’t the American mid-19th century riddled with popular publications that lived on exaggerated (and downright made-up) tales of wild west adventures?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.