The time Davy Crockett met Bigfoot who warned him about the Alamo

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/31/the-time-davy-crockett-met-big.html

5 Likes

Does peyote grow in Texas?

9 Likes

Well good ol’ Sasquatch wasn’t wrong

7 Likes

Now I am trying to work out whether Davy Crockett would have likely ever had an opportunity to see an ape in person. He died decades before the National Zoo in D.C. was built but possibly in a traveling circus? I guess he probably saw illustrations anyway.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Clearly not Sasquatch. Not only was Crockett in the wrong region and the wrong climate, but Sasquatch is not Dracula. He can’t dissolve into a mist and waft away. In fact, I’m willing to bet this was Dracula, in a Bigfoot suit, just screwing with the white guys.

9 Likes

s-l400

5 Likes

Nagcodoches is just West of the Louisiana line. Maybe it was a Skunk-ape.

8 Likes

It’s not like Davy Crockett was famous for telling tall tales or anything like that, right? We know that he really killed a bear when he was three years old?

Or maybe not.

6 Likes

“the height of three foundlings”

How many Smoots is that?

7 Likes

The Boggy Creek Monster?

4 Likes

This seems more like a story that someone else made up after the fact and attributed to him. So many anomalous elements - “bigfoot” (which wasn’t really a thing, then), prophecy… Has anyone verified the letter this is supposedly from?

2 Likes

I’d say he was tripping.
Grain can have fungi that have LSD-like effects, maybe the bread he mentions had some residue.

4 Likes

We have chupacabra here, not sasquatch.

2 Likes

Yes.

But more importantly, magic mushrooms grow there.

1 Like

Either way, ABC has already labeled him as racist, and cancelled his show.

3 Likes

Quite likely some variety of ergot fungus… Which does not necessarily make the encounter fantasy, but may have reinforced Mr. Crockett’s precognition… /me is sure the materialists that like to berate and are apparently immune to moderation will slice me up…

2 Likes

Two thoughts:

1-If John Wayne had included this in his movie, it would be much easier to sit through.

2-Perhaps he was using the term “ape man” in the Roseanne definition.

2 Likes

Davy Crockett meeting Astral Bigfoot, you say?

4 Likes

I got your back! Gnostic nondualist here, I’m all about Astral Bigfoot!

1 Like