The 265 Republican Congressjerks who just nuked your online privacy sold out for chump change

I couldn’t get through to mine: no answer and the voice mail was full. Fortunately my rep. did not vote for this.

2 Likes

Ah c’mon, you didn’t look long enough. :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Unfortunately the ToS page reads like typical corporate heavy-handed cover-our-ass-at-the-expense-of-yours legalese:

link: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/terms-of-service/

Issues:
-arbitration
-waive your right to class action
-unilateral modification of the ToS (!)
-they can change fee structure at any time
-you indemnify the company (!)
-if something goes wrong, I hope you have a lawyer that knows Indiana state law (Choice of Law provision)

1 Like

I’m not a huge crowdfunder, but this one seems worthwhile:
Snoop on the GOP

I imagine Paul Ryan’s search history has many variations of “fratboy milf sex”

5 Likes

Awesome, I was just about to post that. There’s this one too.

12 Likes

I think you are going to get that no matter what company you go with.

1 Like

A Woody, of course.

5 Likes

Even Breitbart readers are pissed

11 Likes

They didn’t sell out at all. They voted their conscience. Corporations are people too, my friend.

4 Likes

True if their belief system is such that corporations should make the laws for the entire world, which will helpfully excuse all their bad behavior, because corporations are so much more important than individuals are. Why they should believe this nonsense is beyond my comprehension, seeing as it’s been amply demonstrated how much harm unregulated and unpoliced corporations do to people and the planet. Maybe the bribes they take are just icing on the cake.

8 Likes

Absolutely no details on how he plans to execute this - and there’s no way that the ISPs wouldn’t see it in their best interests to selectively decline - but it’s the thought that counts.

5 Likes

Techno fascism is MUCH cooler and involves a few thousand of your favorite people dancing like mad for hours to an extended Richie Hawtin set, while everyone’s on more-or-less the same drugs. Now THAT’s the good shit.

1 Like

Are you sure you’re on the right website

1 Like

Well even a stopped clock is right twice a day… :wink:

2 Likes

If you want to know what’s really going on, you must realize that many corporations (most/all?) are this dimension’s manifestations of astral life forms that feed off of our species, and the people who back them to the exclusion of their own species are essentially zombies. But I’m almost always 10-20 years ahead of my time, so this will likely only make sense in a decade or two…

5 Likes

They likely voted with the “all regulations are bad” school of thought.

6 Likes

Just came upon this via my dear Wife, we hate the GOV snooper, this should at the very least annoy the shit out’a some random peeking peeker at our browser history. It’s good for a laugh too!

https://slifty.github.io/internet_noise/index.html

4 Likes

That was not very mobile friendly and Google thinks I’m a robot now.

But Monkey Deputy and Irridescent Niche are now in my browser history

2 Likes

Yeah, the equivalent of Douglas Adams’ mice. I can believe it.

3 Likes

Yoink; thanks.

5 Likes