The animated 'The Addams Family 2' trailer looks fun to me

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/09/16/the-animated-the-addams-family-2-trailer-looks-fun-to-me.html

5 Likes

Don’t forget Christina Ricci…

wednesday addams drinking GIF

15 Likes

I did not expect to like the first animated film but my daughter LOVED it and wants to wear matching Wednesday/Morticia costumes for Halloween. She does love the Christina Ricci version as well.

4 Likes

Perhaps a sardonic nod to the art of the creator, Charles Addams (note the double ‘d’)

fun fact: Thing T. Thing was meant to be connected to a body too horrible to see, (so “Thing” was thus evocative in suspense) - only later depicted as …chopped? off

1 Like

Christina Ricci 90S GIF by absurdnoise

2 Likes

giphy

6 Likes

My daughter loved the first animated film. While she doesn’t care for the 90’s movies, she is fascinated by the original TV series. Not going to discourage that.

I gotta save this gif for my daughter, she’s only 6 and already dealing with some mean girl shit at school.

3 Likes

Your little PurpleFlower is getting the full accompaniment of Papasan good vibes being sent to her this very instant. I detest bullies, they are all cowards. Hope your munchkin is OK.

5 Likes

Even as a wee child, I enjoyed watching the intense loving relationship between Morticia and Gomez (in the TV series). It warmed the cockles of my heart, as they say.

5 Likes

Is 'cockles" a derivative of “cocktails”? That would be awesome.

“Cockles” derives from a French word meaning “rounded like a shell” which relates to the rounded shape of the atria and ventricles of the heart. The mollusc also derives its name from a French word for “rounded like a shell”.

1 Like

So no actual booze is involved? Shame…

I have an opinion about this! :wink:

1 Like

Yes? And? :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.