The Art of High Impact Kicking: "The knife edge of the foot is the weapon used"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/04/the-art-of-high-impact-kicking-the-knife-edge-of-the-foot-is-the-weapon-used.html

2 Likes

Kung Fu Squirrel - Flying Kick

12 Likes

When I took a few semester of Karate in JUCO, there was a guy in there who was a Kung-Fu practitioner. I think Jeet-Kun-Do, the art Bruce Lee came up with. He never kicked above the chest, anything higher was too slow.

4 Likes

4 Likes

having a knife edge foot is so cool till all your dates go sides ways when it comes time footsies

1 Like

4 Likes

generally true. I learned from a wonderfully skilled and proficient preying mantis instructor who in turn picked up the technique for from a very humble korean tang soo do practinoer that most kept kept to himself (till the day one of the local biker bad ass called him to the back parking lot. the rest is a very short story) that a back hook follow up with the other leg to the head can can cover the the breif moment of vunerbility and land a blow before the opponent can move in after blocking the back kick. still none of this compares to that badass squirrel does any one know if it teaches or has an introductory discounted month of classes?

That’s what makes Kickpuncher so deadly.
xF1Qjgx

5 Likes

7 Likes

Too dangerous as well for anything other than a front kick - with side kicks or swing kicks it exposes your groin and the side of the knee joint on the supporting leg. High kicks are also a good way to tear muscles and ligaments if you’re not warmed up.

2 Likes

Mirko Cro Cop would like to enter the chat.

Is that…Stevie Nicks?

5 Likes

It is. Total badass that she is, she took martial arts courses with FM’s body guard and posed for his self defense book.

5 Likes

I’m actually old enough to remember this look of hers. I was in middle school but my older sister was a huge Fleetwood Mac fan. She’s awesome.

4 Likes

So that’s who wanted to park by the pool. I bet she had to fight for that.

7 Likes

Hey there, Flossy; how you feelin’?

6 Likes

I believe that move is called White Winged Dove

7 Likes

i wonder if he ever considered applying his skills to something like soccer, to further promote martial arts

1 Like

A little light on high kick days. Gonna have to move my button farther from my reward dish.

2 Likes

The “knife edge” of the foot is the surface second least useful for kicking. If you look at most of the fighting systems that utilize kicking around the world you see the heel, the ball, the instep and the shin as the workhorses.

1 Like