The artist behind these spellbinding witch hats almost stopped making them after her first one

Maybe for funsies? The ones I know, during religious services tend to dress like this:

Or I suppose some of them go skyclad…

4 Likes

From the descriptions of the items on her site, it looks like a large part of her customer base are folks wearing these to staff things like Renaissance Fests or as LARP costumes. I can’t imagine dropping $500 on a custom crafted felt hat on a whim, but if it’s part of my career or worn full-time during my main hobby, I can see it being a good investment for such a wonderful piece of wearable art.

The witches I know would totally wear a hat like this as part of some sort of big celebration to sort of poke fun at witch stereotypes, but yeah, usually it’s just ren-fest clothing or a hoodie :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A friend once invited me to a witch ceremony. People wore regular street clothes for the most part. For some, their street clothes were goth in nature (but nothing particularly showy or overly theatrical). I was actually pretty let down at how normal the entire thing was. Prayers were spoken. Songs were sung. I found it as boring as when I was a kid and was made to go to catholic church. Of course this group of people were much more interesting and inclusive than catholic church ever was but I’d rather meet them for coffee than stand bored in a circle again.

7 Likes

your experience is more in line with my expectations.

1 Like

Exactly, just regular people doing their thing.

I used to occasionally attend a pagan circle with a friend of mine, and it could pretty much be summed up as women in sweatsuits saying some prayers to nature, singing a few songs, and then munching on potato chips and a cheese ball while people complained about home repairs, sports, and politics.

3 Likes

Yes, pretty much. Halfway through I realized the orgy as promised by the christian right was not on the agenda. But the buffet was really good. So win some, lose some.

3 Likes

Love these hats! Creative people are awesome.

I’m not a witch, but I’m kinda tempted to buy one of these to wear when I’m walking my dog. I try to enhance my reputation for surly eccentricity whenever possible.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.