The BBS Lounge

I kinda get that. I think it’s that when watching on the TV and someone comes in you are available to them and it can become something you do together, versus being isolated in a way another person would hesitate to interrupt.

Then my lizard brain kicks in and doubles down on the rejection because no way it’s letting me be comfortable when the meat vessel that carries it around is that vulnerable.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this:

One of the comments asked if it was normal for German soldiers to stand arm in arm like that. That post was before I was bbs member, so I didn’t comment at the time, but I remember wanting to say—Imagine how vulnerable they must have felt, not able to see anything nearby, or hear anything except what is directly in front of them, and if they weren’t actually touching the other person they wouldn’t even know they were there.

8 Likes

Werner Herzog is a fuckin’ treasure.

7 Likes

Thanks to you, someone just got a like on a post that closed in 2013.

7 Likes

Any one I know?

You could always do more of that, you know…er…just ask @OtherMichael for tips before you get into it too deep.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks to @zfirphdn, somebody got two likes and their first Nice Reply badge.

So here’s to their email notifications being turned on, them still using whatever account they signed up with, and not being weirded out by sudden activity in a necro thread.

But that was a pretty funny comment.

11 Likes

Nice Reply, you mean.

If it were Good Reply, he would need 25 likes or more.

7 Likes

Yes, I had already stealth edited it before you posted.

Does this mean rehab worked?

2 Likes

I donated today.

We only need 13 more Mutants to oblige!

7 Likes

FYI: You should probably rinse that triple - rinsed bag of salad greens anyway.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/04/09/523154228/fresh-express-issues-recall-after-dead-bat-reportedly-found-in-prepackaged-salad

7 Likes

Donated what to where? And why 13?

3 Likes

Time to rewrite that old limerick about the epicure dining at Crewe. What rhymes with “salad”?

4 Likes

To take the response to a 2013 thread from “Nice Reply” to “Good Reply”.

Too confusing a reference for a Sunday morning?

8 Likes

Considering the subject matter, could you hyphenate malad-y between the end of one line and the start of the next? :wink:

5 Likes

No, but I’m on cup #4 now.

Just going to leave a @Nufftin here in the off chance so when they login they’ll know what’s going on.

9 Likes

I’m on it.

9 Likes

Their last post was March 3, so hopefully they’re still around.

5 Likes

Yeah, I checked that after posting and had changed it.

4 Likes

I just commented about that!

I did my part too.

7 Likes