Allllmost Summer y’all! (sorry Aussies)

9 Likes

no for towel day we need a jinnantonix

8 Likes

Indeed! A fine chaser. :grinning:

3 Likes

But it’s also NationalWineDay! And, conveniently, #RedNoseDay

6 Likes

I was wondering why it was so humid today!

Cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder! I have a Gin related experiment to perform

ETA: Experiment now underway
ETA: 2 cups gin, 1/4 cup cinchona bark, and a dash of ridicule from people who use metric. Shake well, let settle. Pour liquid through coffee filter. Restore gin volume to 2 cups.
ETA: Dilute 2 parts gin to 1 part cinchona gin. Way way way too strong. And scary red. Don’t know if I should just dump everything for safety sake.

7 Likes

:thinking: Is that so you can have “gin and tonic” without watering it down with tonic water?

5 Likes

Sort of. I live in the land of high fructose corn syrup, so my tonic water options are limited, Worse, I am old enough not only to taste the difference, but also, as the drinking night wears on, commence to weep uncontrollably about the taste profile. (FUCK YOU, MENOPAUSE!!!) sorry about that

9 Likes

Amen. I’ve been tempted to make my own tonic, but I can get fever tree here so I’m happy with that option .

I once ran into a load of Fever Tree tonic in a discount store, I hadn’t intended on buying 20 four packs that day…but at the price they were asking I wasn’t NOT buying four score of bottles.

6 Likes

Totally unrelated: Pat Boone in a Metal Mood. You have to see this to believe it.

1 Like