The best bottle sterilizer

[Permalink]

1 Like

I guess you don’t drink Bailey’s, eh?

/edited to add:
…or Caucasians, man.

1 Like
1 Like

Perfect for raising that baby who is allergic to everything, because they never built up a robust immune system.

1 Like

When our kids grew out of needing bottle sterilizers, I seriously considered re-purposing a similar unit for sterilizing other things I imagined accumulating unhealthy biofilms, like toothbrushes and sponges.

But we ended up having to give it back to whoever we borrowed it from.

I’d pay good money to see you suck scotch through a rubber nipple. Or any kind of nipple.

I sterilize my liquor glasses by putting liquor in them. While you are busy sterilizing his/her bottles, your baby is finding something nasty from the floor to put in its mouth.

5 Likes

No, that’s what shoes are for.

1 Like

AFAIK these are totally unnecessary unless baby is immuno-compromised. Just fear-marketing?

1 Like

A pot of boiling water is enough.

But, yes you want to sterilize bottles used to store breast milk. You are about to fill them with a very good growth medium and, some time later, feed it to an individual with a weakened immune system and vulnerability to infection.

I guess it’s for those without a dishwasher?

You forgot to add in the part where you will probably end up sending them to the rapid germ maturation center, better known as daycare…

My son didn’t start till he was a year old and he never had as much as a runny nose…then three weeks after starting and it begins.

I’m not going to pretend to be fully informed on this matter. But my sense is that sterilization in general is not necessary unless one (including infant) has a compromised immune system. They’re called dishwashers, not dish sterilizers. I certainly don’t see sterilization as the primary function of ours. To me it’s a labor-saving device.

While I do realize that infants have a very undeveloped immune system, I still don’t know if sterilization is really necessary. Would love to hear from someone who has more information on this matter.

1 Like

Maybe not, given that breast milk has antimicrobial properties. This study found that breast milk would actually kill off E. coli that was added to it.

La Leche suggest that breast milk is OK for up to 6 hours at room temperature, and that washing containers in hot soapy water is sufficient.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.