The best of King of the Hill's Dale Gribble, RIP (video)

Originally published at: The best of King of the Hill's Dale Gribble, RIP (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I saw this yesterday. Way too young! Definitely an iconic character.

8 Likes

Damn. He had quite a talent. The show’s upcoming reboot won’t be the same without him. (Although maybe they already recorded some of the voicework for it by now?)

E.T.A.: no, apparently he didn’t record for the new episodes yet. And I didn’t realize that he was also a writer and producer for the show.

8 Likes

King of the Hill has been my go to comfort show for a while now. I’m actually watching it right now. It’s quite sad to hear about his passing, he was way too young.

9 Likes

Thats what THEY want you to think!

18 Likes

Wish I could give this comment ten thumbs-up. Too funny. I heard that they originally approached Robert Patrick to be the voice of Dale. Even before I heard that I felt that the character had a Robert Patrick vibe about him.

4 Likes

Right? Open a report on the whereabouts of a one Rusty Shackleford. Record the volume of Mountain Dew kegs purchased in this tri-county area. He can’t have gotten far.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.