King of the Hill is getting a revival series

Originally published at: King of the Hill is getting a revival series | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I didn’t watch either incarnation of Twin Peaks, but they absolutely should have let Veronica Mars end with the fan-funded movie.

That poorly written 4th season was so fucking abysmal, combined with what he did to I-Zombie, that I swore off ever watching a ‘Rob Thomas’ production again.

9 Likes

I’m cautiously optimistic about this, but I fear without Luanne and Lucky it just won’t have the same magic.

15 Likes

I was forced to watch the original Twin Peaks and it was terrible.

1 Like

Of course both Brittany Murphy and Tom Petty will be missed in the reboot…

Also in that story, this bit of news!

an adaptation of Alison Bechdel’s Dykes To Watch Out For that’ll reportedly involve Carrie Brownstein

happy king of the hill GIF

No, you didn’t hear that log… it’s fine.

twin peaks omg GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

23 Likes

25 Likes
20 Likes

15 Likes

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

18 Likes

I dunno, Dale was probably funnier back in the days when red-hatted wingnut conspiracy theorists could be dismissed as mostly-harmless kooks.

25 Likes

One more!

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

[ETA] Shit… turns out I lied…

This is all your fault, @Grey_Devil!

21 Likes

I’ve been rewatching the series and some bits have aged very poorly. On the one hand, Hank and Cotton geeking out over meeting Jimmy Carter and respecting the man while not particularly liking the man’s politics was refreshing. On the other, an episode in which the school fell into chaos because a liberal academic expert on race relations came in and started talking about historic racism, immediately triggering all the white children (especially Bobby) to become self-loathing and ashamed of their own race and family. I hope Judge manages to leave that garbage in the past with this new version, otherwise I fully expect CRT to make an appearance.

10 Likes

deserve d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

11 Likes

i watched it willingly but i’ve been a david lynch fan since i saw blue velvet at the theater and my wife has been a fan since i took her to see mullholland drive at the theater :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Wasn’t Arlen destroyed when Bobby set off a massive propane explosion to close the Hellmouth?

9 Likes

Eye Roll GIF

14 Likes

I hope they handle the issue with Luanne’s voice actor passing away after the series conclusion well. Or find someone who’s close enough that the voice actor can take over well enough.

5 Likes

The voice actors for both Luanne and her husband are dead. They’d be better off just leaving them out of the series. I swear to Dog if they attempt to re-cast Tom Petty I’ll… I’ll… I dunno. Write a very grumpy letter to the network or something.

6 Likes

I’m torn. I mean I think we can all agree that Mel Blanc and Jim Henson were national treasures who can never be truly replaced but I’m still glad that Daffy Duck and Kermit the Frog continue to exist.

14 Likes

The Kill la Kill one is frankly disturbing. But Bobby does make an excellent Mako.

1 Like