The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

This is the order which includes the right-to-repair reform discussed in another thread, but it includes quite a bit more (72 initiatives!), including interesting orders on ISPs, health care, and transportation. I don’t know whether they were all rolled into one order for some political reason, or to save paper.

4 Likes

““We are facing the most significant test of our democracy since the Civil War. That’s not hyperbole — since the Civil War,” Biden said while speaking in Philadelphia.”

He continued: “The Confederates back then never breached the Capitol as insurrectionists did on Jan. 6. I’m not saying this to alarm you. I’m saying this because you should be alarmed.”

But Biden added that there is “good news”: “It doesn’t have to be this way.”

“We have the means — we just need the will. The will to save and strengthen our democracy,” Biden said.

Hey Joe, you do understand that that the GQP do not want democracy in any way, shape or form? Right? The “will” that you are looking for does not exist on the other side.

Wake up old man.

7 Likes

I’m gonna defend him here, because he’s right that this is not inevitable. If we roll over and LET them win, then they win. But if we fight back against them and push back against their every attempt, they will lose. Rhetoric matters here, because rhetoric built how we got to this moment.

The Democratic party for too long treated the GQP’s leaning into white nationalism as just a bit of hyperbole in politics. To his credit, HERE he isn’t doing that. His belief that he can wring bipartisanship out of the current Senate, however, is highly misguided and doomed to failure. That’s where HE needs to step up and understand how dangerous the GQP’s stranglehold over the senate actually is. That’s where he needs to root this stuff out and throw his full weight behind some kind of change to the filibuster rules.

15 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

This is some good news for a change

19 Likes

More of this, please. I’m tired of going out in our national forests and seeing clear cuts blighting the landscape.

13 Likes

“Green New Deal”?

6 Likes

Ugghh. Let’s see if Ted Cruz will stop cock blocking State Dept. appointments now….

JHC Ted you’re the one who wanted the deal. Put up or shut the fuck up.

9 Likes

The imperial mindset still going strong then.

How gracious, for the US to “allow” the construction of a project that’s in another country, on the other side of the ocean. Perhaps someone should remind them that Germany is no longer supposed to be occupied territory.

10 Likes

The title of “Most Hated Person in the US Congress” isn’t just something you’re born with. It takes work. Ted puts in the work.

16 Likes
9 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes

Democrats as leaders are also more than willing to work with (other) asshole leaders around the world, as long as doing so means increased profits for US corporations.

The empire is bipartisan.

6 Likes

If Greenwald told me the sky was blue, I would go outside and check. Not that I think this couldn’t be true, Greenwald has no objectivity to his reporting. He has gone full-OANN and needs to just go away.

16 Likes

I knew someone here would pull an ad hominem. I agree he’s become an asshole, but he’s also right more often, especially about corporate-sucking Dems, than the proverbial broken clock.

2 Likes

Not an ad hominem. He is not a trustworthy reporter. If he is the only one reporting this, I am not likely to take it seriously. If real, others will pick up the story. I don’t trust Greenwald one iota.

16 Likes

I agree Greenwald has established himself as untrustworthy, and so it’s only right to check what he says. It appears the story in Folha de S. Paulo does indeed say what he claims. Searching further, I found articles in Reuters and US News that says the National Security Council denies it is related to their warning about Chinese 5G, but does support Brazil’s aspirations as a NATO global partner.

7 Likes

Of course the man Trump made a Major-Non-NATO-Ally (he actually did promised unilateral NATO membership) would continue to talk to the US about become a member of NATO, that’s how meetings with any world leader works they talk about the issues raised with a previous regime with the new one. That really just means it comes down to how believable the report that the US demanded Brazil not use Chinese sourced telecom components in order to then convince every NATO member Brazil should be added to NATO… which is a pretty extreme thing of the US to do so that Samsung can sell the 5G antennas instead. I absolutely believe that the US is continuing the red scare stuff with China, but without some sort of additional support showing how these guys benefit from a NATO supplier (Samsung), I’d have to assume that they told Bolsanaro to buy NATO equipment in order to have better footing for the NATO push that Bolsanaro has been advocating across his entire term for - which could easily be telephoned into the US “offering NATO membership” to use someone besides Huawei in Brazil’s 5G.

EDIT

Ah and Greenwald uses it as a comical launching pad to defend Tucker Carlson, implying the US is bugging 5G antennas, and then makes a correct argument that Democrats are dangerously two-faced on climate change.

5 Likes