The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

Commentator on my teevee makes a point that deserves much more air time:

Not a single life of an American military person was lost in leaving Afghanistan- not a single one in Afghanistan has been lost since Biden entered office.

-Good point.

15 Likes

which is completely at odds with the dominant views of the press coverage, especially at a very loud one-sided moment such as this.

9 Likes
6 Likes

The Onion? Have they given up on satire and just reporting straight news now?

10 Likes

What with the absurdity of modern America, it’s hard to even tell anymore.

7 Likes

The “what do you think” things are always real stories with satirical reactions, although in this case, “My youngest will be thrilled that I can feed her now” is pretty direct.

13 Likes

“Oh man, kids are going to be so annoyed that their parents can afford healthier food.” -TAD BOHLEN, INVENTORY CZAR
“I’ll make sure to increase the degree at which I judge people for it by 25%.” -JASON FISCELLA, BABY NAME CATALOGUER
“My youngest is going to be thrilled that I can feed her now.” -BELLE GAULDEN, UNEMPLOYED

I guess it is fake responses to real news?

“Inventory Czar” is a good job title.

1 Like

KING O’ THE SHIT, YO

4 Likes

This looks good! Certainly the EFF is excited, and I trust them to know about this kind of stuff. :slight_smile:

7 Likes
8 Likes

“Two: What happened last week was inevitable, and anyone saying differently is still lying to you.”

“…when people ask me if we made the right call getting out of Afghanistan in 2021, I answer truthfully: Absolutely not. The right call was getting out in 2002. 2003.”

Elitist hacks are even blaming the American people for what happened this week. The same American people that they spent years lying to about Afghanistan. Are you kidding me?”

12 Likes

Direct link for those who can’t go through DailyKos:

A pithy, but good article.

11 Likes
4 Likes

We may be on the verge of Trump-appointed judges being in a position to dictate foreign policy to their liking. And to stop it, we need a Trump-appointed USSC justice to actually follow the law. :man_facepalming:

9 Likes
3 Likes

Damn, that was fast. This bodes very ill for any effort to undo Trump assholery.

10 Likes
12 Likes

Another atrocity.

On Tuesday, the Biden administration said it was looking at re-opening the federal program to sell oil and gas leases on federal land—and preparing for a specific sale in the Gulf of Mexico in November. It flies in the face of established research, which shows that all new oil and gas exploration needs to basically stop entirely by next year for us to stave off catastrophic warming… but who cares! Drill, baby, drill?. . .

This isn’t the first time the Biden administration has used the courts to justify actions that have helped polluters. In the past eight short months, the administration has frequently gone to bat for fossil fuels interests in court while talking a big climate game to the public. Those actions include upholding a Trump-era decision to drill in the Arctic, suppressing a climate lawsuit brought by young people, refusing to shut down the Line 3 pipeline in Minnesota, and allowed the Dakota Access Pipeline to keep operating. With friends like these, who needs enemies?

10 Likes

WTF? I thought climate change was top priority, Joe?

5 Likes

Isn’t that what this is all about?

4 Likes